I finally surveyed my grafts yesterday, and I was blown away by my successes. Half way through the season I switched to bark grafting from cleft grafting and had nearly 100% success with the bark grafts.
I had a decent amount success on apples with cleft grafts, but I also had some failures too, but when I switched to bark grafting on peaches and plums, and had damn near all successful grafts.
Here's a shot of a failed cleft graft on a PF-24 peach next to my successful bark grafts.
I think my plan going forward is to only do bark grafts unless it's not physically possible. No only did I have a much greater success rate, I found bark grafting to be much quicker and easier than other types.
It appears that all of my plums have taken too, which if you remember, I originally grafted them backwards and redo them and flip them over a few days later.
I know I'm not out of the woods yet, and these could still fail, but I'm still blown away because this is by far the success I've ever had (this is only my second year of grafting)