2018 freeze injury reports

Post some pics! Do you have any of the trees with several varieties of fruit hanging?

Please. :blush:

I have a vegetable garden too. Every year I try to jump the gun, and put transplants in in May. But they never do well. They just sit around, waiting for it to warm up . . . and sometimes get stunted.
So I quit rushing it. Very end of May - beginning of June seems to be the ticket. Now, things that grow directly from seed are a different story. They can be started in late April /early May - and it doesnā€™t seem to bother them.

Yeah, given weā€™ve had freezes in May over the last two years, I may just go that route of planting out the first of June this year. Which means starting the indoor seeds in April. And, sowing corn, cukes and other veggies at the same time (early June).

We did that last year, and got bumper crops of corn, beans and cukes. Our corn didnā€™t ripen until the end of August, but thatā€™s fine.

But, we will probably sow our seed potatoes in May, since they are a bit more hardier. But, due to torrential rains, twice, they rotted in the ground. So no taters last year :disappointed:

Most are new, One is old and I donā€™t have a good photo, I will in the future, itā€™s a project now to demonstrate what can be done.

I think Im spraying copper and oil tomorrow. I donā€™t know if I even got down to -10f this year, which surprised me. That cold snap you guys had was a little east of us. So far so good here!

1 Like