4 variety mixed bag

Hope this 3 pound bag of 4 apple varieties is popular.

Gala, Daybreak Fuji, C Crisp and Grimes

Now in year 5, these are the best quality apples we have grown so far!

16 Likes

Those look awesome. I’d like to try a c crisp and a grimes. I wish I lived closer. I thought those two were a little bit later apples? I grafted some grimes last spring.

1 Like

@blueberrythrill,
What is your opinion on the taste and texture of each variety, please?

1 Like

Lovely presentation of beautiful fruit. Good job, that.

1 Like

Fabulous! So great to see good sized, clean fruit! Well done .

1 Like

Fine looking fruit!

That must be an early Fuji - my Galas are still weeks from being that ready

1 Like

Good presentation, too. Do customers allow to take the white baskets/ containers?

1 Like

I’n my area the emphasis is just on getting an apple of reasonable quality to grow, rather than growing a perfect variety. Gala taste like you would expect. The early (Daybreak) Fuji is not quite as good as a normal fall Fuji, but it ripens at a good time . Crimson Crisp is excellent sweet/tart crunchy apple, but not a vigorous tree on B9. Grimes is sweet and similar to Golden Delicious but with more complex flavor.

These apples need about another week before they are perfectly ripe, but I had to pick some early in order to have something to sell on Saturday!

4 Likes

Thank you for your feeback. I have a Rising Sun early Fuji. Maybe, it would set fruit next year.

1 Like

Gotta get rid of those Galas some how! J/K :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yea, the Gala Got To Go!

They are sweeter after sitting around for a couple of weeks but they are loosing crispness faster than expected.

1 Like

The liner in the basket goes with the customer, but the basket stays. We also use the same basket with handles for a $10 basket of PYO blackberries .

2 Likes

That’s neat. I was wondering why there was plastic lining in the basket.

1 Like