Any idea what's going on with these leaves?

Also have a pear that looks strange. Aphids again?

Be sure to test the Ph first before lowering it, I just assumed it was a Ph above 7.0. Yes, I’m aware what happens to people who assume. LOL

Haha, yup. One was at 7. The other kiwi not picture that looks a hell of a lot worse was above 7.

Okay, lucky guess on my part.

Just to be sure, take a look at the underside of a leaf that is curled downward and or has a faint yellow green color. Take a picture, download it and zoom in to check for aphids, spider mites, etc.

If you find no pests, more than likely it’s a nutrient lock out.

1 Like

@ross and @TurkeyCreekTrees, I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to see what came of your apples with the discolored/curling leaves? Did you determine what the cause was–pH/nutrients or something else? Did you do anything for it or did it clear up on its own?
I am now seeing the same symptoms in all 7 of my apple trees that were just planted this spring, all different varieties with soil pH of 7.2. The newer growth leaves look very similar with yellowing on the leaf margins with some showing more curling/distortion than others. The weather had been abnormally dry here in PA until about a week or so ago when we got some heavy rains. However, during the dry period I was keeping them watered about 1x week. No sign of aphids currently.

1 Like

Sold that property and moved since then. I havent had apples since then that have displayed that condition.

1 Like