Here’s my Lehman’s Delight union.

7 Likes

Very neat union :clap:

1 Like

Hybrid persimmon grafts

Tony

4 Likes

Tony,

So your local government allows you to plant fruit trees at the sidewalk? I’m puzzled and will be probing my village hall for that! :astonished:

You’re going to have fruits coming out of your ears very soon! And the neighbors definitely love you for that, unless they complaint about rotten fruits on the ground and “devalued” their properties!

Tom

My property is on the last lot and I had no neighbor on that side because of the driving range. So far no complaint.

Tony

You’re brave, my man!

Stopped by a nursery and found these 3 seedling persimmons for $6 each! I don’t think it’s too late to graft, I still have scionwood. Any thoughts?

3 Likes

Those are nice caliber understocks for a cheap price. Your grafts will take off just like a rocket on those understocks.

Tony

2 Likes

Anyone ever try summer budding on persimmon ? If so how did they do ? Thinking of trying it soon . I have nice new growth on both trees .

I would try a chip bud or at least a chip bud on the stock below your graft as a backup

Persimmons bud well. This time of year you can still force the bud to get some this season’s growth.

3 Likes

Tell me more about Knightville persimmon.

1 Like

My persimmon seedlings are still smaller than I’d like for grafting over. :joy: They only get part sun in my backyard.

Can’t wait for these things to get bigger.

I sent a few of these to @Greenguy. Maybe he’s having more success?

2 Likes

Grafted 4 kakis early June and two of them took.

Huk gam:

Tam kam

2 out 4 took and all cleft graft. First time grafter, thanks Bob for scion wood .

4 Likes

Congrats! What graft type did you try?

Cleft graft and it seems work best for similar diameter woods.

Matt,

This American persimmon variety originated from Knightville, Indiana. I got the scion from Jerry Lehman . The fruit is large and just a tad smaller than Yates but taste as good. BTW, most American persimmon taste similar.

Tony

1 Like

Very excited about this successful Pen persimmon cleft graft. I had a good graft of 20th century going as well, but my dad came over and stepped on it. :anguished:

4 Likes

Bark graft of NC-10

4 Likes

Nicely done.

Tony

1 Like