Atlantic giant pumpkin seeds

Although manganese is essential, it is also easy to over-apply – which will block out uptake of other nutrients. Follow the label carefully. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Rain and cooler temps today, finally, cooler temperatures in the forecast for the next five or six days. I hope Charlie continues to grow, I will do a measurement tonight.

5 Likes

Cool day with rain!!! Yeah!!!

Estimated weight 596 lbs

15 Likes

It looks a bit alien. If in moonlight it might glow.

5 Likes

That’s what fluorescent nitrates are for!

2 Likes

About 94% of the weight of squash is water. A cubic foot of water weighs about 62.43 pounds. So Charlie presently contains about 1/3 cubic yards of water!

3 Likes

And that’s why you sure have to water it if it doesn’t rain.

3 Likes

I waited three days to measure Charlie, the growth is slowing so it helps to wait a few days . 626 lbs today

4 Likes

Derby42,
Charlie looks very close to ripe. I’m betting around another month what do you think? My guess is September 5th.

3 Likes

I agree , Clark, it is changing, the skin is tougher and if you give it a slap it sounds hollow, like the seed cavity had opened up. I really think it should get a more pink color when mature. Early September is probably right.

2 Likes

Amazing! When did you plant this bad boy?

2 Likes

Go back to the 1st Post in this thread.

2 Likes

April fourth, I try to plant early to get the best growing weather but my last pumpkin barely kept until October. You probably have a better plan if you are trying to meet a weigh off schedule. I just grew this for fun

3 Likes

Charlie is still gaining, nice rain last night and sunny day today. Estimated weight 681, wow,I would have never guessed it would get this big!

3 Likes

11 Likes

Lotta stretch marks, it looks pregnant

3 Likes

I hope it is, with big fat seeds, lol

3 Likes

Estimated weight 713 lbs tonight

11 Likes

Jason,

Save some seeds.

Tony

4 Likes