Atlantic giant pumpkin seeds

Charlie’s getting wrinkles like mine!! :flushed::joy::grin:

5 Likes

Looks like the vine is dying back some.

2 Likes

Looks like you fixed that split

2 Likes

The center of the vine has really died back, to offset the loss of leaves I have allowed the ends of the runners to grow again to replace the lost leaves in the center. I hope the root structure beneath the dead leaves is still functioning.

2 Likes

Yes it doesn’t seem to be any bigger

Here is a photo from the back that is now visible since so many leaves have died

8 Likes

Oh my WHAT CUTIES!!!

4 Likes

Charlie did not show any gain over the measurements I took Friday evening. This may be the final estimated weight. What a fun summer watching it grow!

7 Likes

Thanks. I can’t wait until you hit 1,000lbs next year

3 Likes

Fantastic fun for us! Thanks for sharing. I know you’re excited getting him so big… it nice to be able to go back and look at the story!!!

4 Likes

I’ll second that!

5 Likes

Third that!!! Reading about Charlie from his beginning to his maturity. Hope he wins some awards. Thank you for sharing.

5 Likes

I am glade so many took interest, it made it fun to share the updates, a very rewarding project.

12 Likes

That was an awesome follow along, even if I only found it last week.
Thanks for sharing the whole process!
My kidlets loved the pictures!

3 Likes

What will you do with Charlie now?

2 Likes

Not sure, I would like for him to stay on the vine as long as possible and mature so the seeds are good. We have talked about moving him but honestly if I just made a big jack-o-lantern out of him and took some pictures I would be completely ok with that.

10 Likes

Thanks for bringing us all along for the ride this season. We’ve all been rooting for you and Charlie. Hopefully he’ll surprise you and start growing again but either way, Charlie’s the biggest most impressive “Great Pumpkin” I’ve watched grow. Lots of fun.

Anthony

5 Likes

Great Job Jason thank you for documenting! I loved watching you grow this monster pumpkin!

2 Likes

I am glad so many people enjoyed it. I measured Charlie one more time and there was no growth. He is getting a pink color as he matures, I sure hope there are some good seeds in there!

8 Likes

He must be full of good seeds. Can they get that big and not produce seeds?

2 Likes