Atlantic giant pumpkin seeds

Once again, I love this thread!

What is the best thing to use against squash bugs? I found one and a couple of sets of eggs yesterday…

4 Likes

Early on I smash them if I start to see too many I use liquid seven

4 Likes

I use powder 7 and either one kills them quick!

4 Likes

Removed some squash vine borers this afternoon. Sprayed entire plant with liquid seven.

2 Likes

Circumference
99 "
W
65"
L
65.5"
Total inches
Estimated weight
276 lbs
DAP

3 Likes

It’s hard to imagine anything growing that fast… kinda scary! :flushed::joy:

1 Like

Circumference
101"
W
66"
L
67.5"
Total inches
234.5"
Estimated weight
294 lbs
DAP

Sometime tonight it will break the 300 lbs mark. Please ignore the goofy guy in the photo

13 Likes

That pumpkin is growing fast. My pumpkin was 26" in circumference this evening at DAP 9.

3 Likes

It was a little slower today, we are hitting the hottest weather of the summer this week , low 90’s. I watered it for the first time tonight, may water it a little tomorrow and add some liquid fertilizer

3 Likes

Are you just keep one pumpkin per vine?

Tony

2 Likes

Yes, I really only have one vine, I have two small vines that i planted for emergency pollination but they did not bloom in time so I self pollinated this. So one vine one pumpkin.

4 Likes

Circumference
103.5"
W
68"
L
69"
Total inches
Estimated weight
316 lbs
DAP

4 Likes

I think you have a typo re the circumference? It went from 101" to 203"!!

Impressive anyways, especially considering it’s just a month old. How much longer can it grow, and how big do you think it’ll get?

BTW, did it eat its hat??

2 Likes

Yes, lol, 103. Edited and correct now. I don’t know how big it will get. I think I should be able to get a 500 pounder, any thing can happen though. Last time it just stopped growing at the end of July

5 Likes

Wow that thing is large!

2 Likes

Circumference
108.5"
W
L
Total inches
Estimated weight
341 lbs
DAP

4 Likes

Picked up some nice numbers tonight, had a cool day with rain ,

4 Likes

Didn’t get to measure it last night. I measured it today at 4 pm. 258 total inches , 389 lbs . It will go over 400 lbs tonight.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Amazing growth!!! SMH!!!

3 Likes