Availability Charts

Maybe we can design our own harvest charts for our backyard garden and share it… I’ve been developing my own harvest date spreadsheet for my trees but never somehow completed it as I kept grafting and grafting more cultivars.

If we could do it by hardiness zone I think that would be a great idea.

I did a spreadsheet of all our berry and tree fruits, showing their approximate harvest times. I may be a bit presumptuous, because we haven’t harvested anything yet! Plus, some haven’t even been planted yet, as they are coming in this spring. I based the dates on data I got from other sites.

We should get some this year, probably just some strawberries and maybe some rasp and blackberries. Could get lucky and have a few apples.

It wasn’t until I compiled it that I realized that we will have over 50 varieties of different tree fruits and berries. I may be in over my head…

Maybe some savy tech people here can build an app so that we can record what we harvest and automatically log the coordinates via GPS where it was harvested. Then we can run a GIS type program to analyze the bigger pictures for all the participants or members, grouped by zones.

there is already a thread for that

1 Like

The first thing one would need is the plus and minus to be applied when inputting ones zone.