Bearss Lime

6 Likes

O the aroma!

3 Likes

I have mine in a pot. I’m not sure if it would have survived a really cold night in the ground here. But with the move, I plan to sell it.

3 Likes

Mine is in a pot, hope to have fruit again from it this year. Lots of set so far.

1 Like

Where are you moving?

To a rental for now. Then keep hunting for a good house nearby in Almaden.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it would survive. I have one inground here in Livermore. And we tend to get colder than you guys in winter.

2 Likes

i have no idea what kind of lime tree i have, but the buds are beginning to balloon. removing the palm tree a few feet to the south has brought much more sunlight to the tree, so i hope to get more than three limes this year.

1 Like

Winter harvest, with quarter for size :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have one bearss lime tree that gives me the occasional lime, but it tends to grow straight up. There is a pecan tree blocking a lot of sun from it. Guess which tree is coming down…Pecan. Richard, your limes look great, so does your tree. I could only hope for that big of a harvest.

TFN

1 Like

… and there’s still a lot of ripe fruit on the tree :slight_smile:

To the left is our pomegranate and to the right a Eureka Lemon.

7 Likes

My Mexican Limes are also coming in fast and furious. Too many to keep up with (even after making Lime squares lol). My wife has started to take them to work to give to friends.

1 Like

Someone should convince limes to ripen during the gin-and-tonic season

1 Like

Bearss is an everbearing cultivar.

Mine are only winter-bearing

And it’s Bearss?

Nice harvest.

“Winter”- now that’s funny.

Labeled as such

1 Like

If we had Richard’s climate, ours would be ever bearing too.

TFN

What do you feed it?