Best plums of 2016- Northeast report

Impresive. My Parfume is at least 3 years in ground. It has not bloomed. Hopefully, this year.
I bought it bare root from Raintree, too.

You make me very envious. :smile:

1 Like

I have 2 of them, the one on Mariana root stock get really tall and a lot bigger but not much flowers yet. The one you see in picture above, it is on St. Julian A root stock didn’t grow much since May 16. But a lot of flowers and it gave me 1st fruit last year when just planted.

My Parfume and Coe’s Golden Drop are on Marianna.

1 Like

The Septembre plum almost full bloom in Seattle 4.19.17.

7 Likes

Not much fruits for the first year but it tastes wonderful even not fully ripping yet. Parfume the Septembre plum.

7 Likes

Yours look big, mine stay about a medium cherry size. If yours are not fully ripe, mine would live up to its name and ripen in Sept.

Hi Mamuang.
Mine may be the same with you, it’s not ready to taste yet but I tried a couple. It’s already sweet not sour at all and the pit come off very easy. I know for sure they are the good plums. The tree growing very fast and beautiful shape a lot better than maribelle the Nancy and Rein the maribelle.

My tree is not planted in good soil so it does not pgeow much. I also bend all branches to keep the tree open and short.

1 Like

I just took this pictures my Parfume after 1 year. The other one has a lot more fruits but will be moved to the new place next year.

2 Likes

It will bend all the branches down by itself

when it loads all heavy fruits in a next few years.

1 Like

Did you buy it potted? It seems a nursery near you carries a lot of large sized fruit trees. We wait 3-4 years to get fruit. You planted them in the spring and they fruit that same year. I am envious.

1 Like

I bought the bare root trees from Raintree. I think the only place to sell Parfume plum. The one you see in the picture already relocated it 1 time. Not all my trees look good like that. That why I like this tree. It gave me a couple fruits on the year I planted but it seems will crack if raining come around harvesting time specially in September in Seattle.

1 Like

Probably. I got mine from Raintree, too, but it just set fruit this year, the 3 rd year in ground.

Glad you like the taste of it. I can’t wait.

The best tasting plum this year was Howard miracle. I had small crops of Beauty, Kuban comet, Nadia, Pluerry, Bavay’s gage and Howard miracle was the best with very complex flavor, something very sweet and spicy with honey aftertaste. I will graft more of it next spring.

4 Likes

But Raintree does not carry Howard Miracle Where did you buy it. Maria? I can’t wait for my Bavay gage.

Now I am waiting for my Seneca and Schoolhouse to taste in next months

4 Likes

My Rosy gage and my dog Adam.

7 Likes

I bought scions from Bob Purvis. I forgot I had one schoolhouse plum too. Schoolhouse and Bavay’s gage were very good tasting too, sweet without acidity, pleasant. Sweet treat was sweet, not super but nice. Howard miracle was sweet with complex flavor which exploded in the mouth. I am surprised that I do not hear much about this plum.

3 Likes

I just find out Dave willson has Howard Miracle it is Japanese plum.

1 Like

Howard miracle is supposed to be a cross between E. And J. Plum, here is the reference on the trees of antiquity website. Howard miracle

2 Likes