One of the grafts on my newly created multi-variety tree was recently dislodged by a bird. The graft had taken and was growing very well with 2 out of 4 buds having sprouted.
I have pushed the graft back in and tied in extra tight with new grafting rubber in the hope that the other 2 buds are still dormant and atleast one may sprout.
But I figure I lost this graft. It doesn't appear to be wilting or drying out but that could also be because the weather is so cloudy and cool here.
I do have extra scionwood (though of a different variety). Should I just go ahead and do a regraft? Or wait to see if it makes it?