Blooms

Do your Juneberries get Cedar Apple Rust?

1 Like

My juneberries do not seem to get CAR. We eat them fresh and in pies like people with more acidic soil use blueberries. They are not nearly as good frozen as blueberries and we get tons of them!

Apples are opening up!

9 Likes

Some of my second year apples are in full bloom almost!

This last picture I took it today just outside of our post office. Just amazing

13 Likes

Great Photo Quality Clark!

1 Like

Kaga Plum

7 Likes

Hey Naeem, those are a lot of flowers for a second year tree. I have a handful of flowers on a second year Golden Delicious, but nowhere close to that. Are you going to let all those grow into apples or remove them until the tree gets more established?

1 Like

Finally something bloom in my yard.
Autumn Star peach. There are about 10-12 grafts on the tree.

13 Likes

Montmorency

14 Likes

I am going to keep one apple on each branch only and lets tree grow and establish.

2 Likes

Few blooms from today
Last year grafts. Except for the second one with few clusters of flowers, that is the main tree planted in 2016.
First pic is of winterbanana flowers with harrow Sweet on top of it.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Need to finish thinning!

9 Likes

We can our cots.
Just pop the pits out and cook them in a thick botom pan…and stir often. Hot pack in jars and water bath 10 min.
They are better then jam, have nothing added and just a bit of moisture removed.

We are still eating last year’s crop and they are awesome!

4 Likes

Autumn berries aka autumn olives

2 Likes

No fruit

Mine (Garnet) hasn’t flowered yet. It will be it’s first flowering. If it looks half that nice I’ll be happy.

1 Like

Very nice, lot of flowers. Questions:
Do flowers fragrant? Does it produce edible berries?

1 Like

Edible berries with a taste somewhat like sour cherries. The blooms are fragrant but not in a way I care for.

First year that Rubinette apple blooms. Grafted on my Gold Rush tree. It’s prettier than surrounding Gold Rush.

7 Likes

My Rubinette is probably my prettiest flowering apple with the deepest pink buds. Probably my favorite apple for flavor too (though I have many varieties yet to come into production). Boy did I savor the dozen fruits I got last year!

2 Likes