Yeah, I suppose that could be a problem. Im not sure how much bait it takes to kill a small animal and if that animal is eaten, if it would be enough to kill a larger animal. Im sure the amount in a 2-3lb rabbit would be significantly diluted in a 50lb dog… Would be interesting to know how dangerous that actually is for an animal. Dont most of the poison bars work by using blood thinners? I think even larger animals will try to hide when they are dying/sick. I found a rabbit earlier this year, dead under a plastic pallet in my back yard when I moved it. It was just skin and bones but likely died from poison I put out last winter.