Delivery today and blossoms

, Scarlet Surprise, Pristine. Now the work begins, or… more work! love it though!

8 Likes

Jonagold, Scarlet Surprise, Enterprise, Pristine, and Ananas Reinette. Whew!

1 Like

Ohhhh, I love Ananas Reinette.

1 Like

Beautiful! Hey…in the third photo from the top, in the background I can see what appears to be 3 strings running from the ground up to a point on what appears to be a fence (possibly covered in Ivy or something). Is it for some kind of climbing plant or flower? I’m just curious what that is all about? Just being nosy…

Mrs. G.,
You had sun? These days, I had rain and cloud, most days :frowning:
Your garden comes alive.

How does Scarlet Surprise taste?

Don’t know. This is the first year its bloomed. :monkey_face:

I love Coast of Maine compost, too, but it gets expensive.

mrsg47,

I thought you were moving to France? Why are you planting more trees here in US?

Trees look wonderful by the way.

Not planting more, had four dug the other day to go to a new home. The soil is for the raised beds, mowing, then mulching the trees to make the property look excellent for sale!

2 Likes

I just got scions for Ananas Reinette. I’l be trying it in far eastern WA state - Spokane. What can you tell me about your experience with Ananas?

I love it. It’s grown well for me, seems well behaved in form and habit, doesn’t struggle with diseases, and makes top tier apples. It’s almost like a sort of juicy russet. Big fan.

2 Likes

My Ananas Reinette has fruited for a couple of years. It is precocious. Unfortunately, the taste does not stand out to me. I got it from a trusted grower so I hope my AR is the real thing.

2 Likes

What stock does your Ananas stand on?

1 Like

It’s on M.111.

1 Like

Nice! I just put Ananas onto Budagovsky 118. Ought 'a work.

1 Like