Drippin’ Honey™ As you can see is a trademark name like pink lady apples are the tm name for crisps pink. Something is not adding up on the patent because they continue to show PPAF (Plant Patent Applied For) but do not list a current patent# which they did originally many years ago. I’m not a lawyer but a patent and applying for a patent don’t seem the same from my limited knowledge about patents. Can’t offer advice on something like a plant patent that I know very little about. Gardens Alive is the parent company for many nurseries that sell this pear as you can see at this link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardens_Alive! “Gardens Alive! sells primarily through its nationwide catalog network and its online store. The namesake catalog is printed on small, newspaper-like sheets and features “funky DIY photos”. Other gardening catalogs operated include Audubon Workshop, Breck’s, Gurney’s Seed, Henry Field’s, Iseli Nursery, Michigan Bulb, New Holland Bulb, Spring Hill Nurseries, and Weeks Roses, all of which have been acquired from buy-outs of other companies.
Gardens Alive! operates fulfillment centers in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, Tipp City, Ohio and Lewisburg, Ohio with a distribution center located in Fairfield, Ohio. Marketing and merchandising offices are located in Ohio, Atlanta, Boston, and Holland, Indiana. Gardens Alive! hosts the print version of Mike McGrath’s “Question of the Week” from the nationally syndicated weekly radio show, “You Bet Your Garden”.
As of 2010, Gardens Alive! had annual sales of approximately $170 million and employed 400–450 people year round, and close to 1,000 at peak seasonal demand. Internet sales accounted for 40 to 45 percent of the business, with catalogs being most of the rest. Gifts and general merchandise accounted for 40 percent of the company’s revenue; the other 60 percent was gardening related. As of 2011, Gardens Alive! was the top seed cataloger in the United States, with $100.6 million of revenue from its seed catalogs compared to $24.8 million for Park Seed Company, the second largest cataloger.”