Electric fences for controlling raccoons and possums

Mike - thanks
Wow! you have quite a barrier - triple layer - chain link, chicken wire and electric netting.
Reminds me of the Berlin wall before it fell
I plan on trying the netting first - hoping I won’t have to resort to a full fence or land mines…

@Richard

More like the $128.00 peach.
From what I see, your project is not far off either.:grin:

But, ahhh! … don’t you just love the pleasure when a plan comes together.
Hmm… Maybe an idea for a t.v. series catch phrase in there somewhere.

Sometimes I wonder if I haven’t taken the concept of “millions for defense but not a penny for tribute” too far…

nah!

Mike

5 Likes

@jose263

Don’t forget the netting on top and the Ruger 10/.22 with a 25 round banana clip.

Mike

Thanls :smile:

That appears to be exactly what I need. I have possum, armadillo,raccoon, squrriel, and bear. Don’t know if that’ll deter the bear but I’m betting it will the other critters…The Versa Net…

My neighbor with electric fence experience convinced me to try it in order to save what’s left of my peaches.

After trapping and deporting two possums the damage had decreased but I still go out every morning to find one or two fruit gnawed on the tree. Squirrels? Rats? Whatever it is the fence (4 wires, 5 inches apart, starting on the ground with alternating polarity) is not stopping it :frowning:

Steve, it would help if you could set up a game camera. It helps not only to know what is getting to your fruit, but how.

Here is a link to the thread of my completed orchard electric fence. Happy with the results, pretty much keeps all the fruit stealing varmints out:

3 Likes