Everything is ripe at once!

OK, not the tomatoes or the melons, they’ll get ripe all at once later. But all the spring stuff. And the week of early heat in the 90s didn’t stop them.

All the head lettuce is full. All the peas, despite the staggered planting times and different maturities, doesn’t matter, all the peas are ripe on the same day. Broccoli and cauliflower - where did those heads come from? They have to be cut right now or they’ll be no good at all. But nobody wants to eat broccoli when we have peas! And over a couple of rows, the snap beans have set pods.

The refrigerator, the extra refrigerator, even the beer refrigerator are all full of produce. Who needs cold beer when those cherries have to go somewhere. Cherries and strawberries, all at the same time.

It’s June, and I’m going to turn into a rabbit

9 Likes

Sounds like a great problem to have! Yes the produce is coming in! Lots of tricks we share on here I think contribute to our success. When I talk to a local fruit grower now I’m sometimes surprised they don’t know things we do. One nursery told me to remove trees if they got disease! Guess what he sold for a living? lol! Congratulations take some pictures if you get time!

2 Likes

I’ll take that cold beer off your hands. . .

4 Likes

Time to hit the bottle then!

1 Like

You are winning at gardening? :slight_smile:

My cherry tree is an aviary.

I Need tomatoes in june… Not looking like that here

1 Like

Yup

8 Likes

Our cherry tomatoes have been ripe for weeks over here.

1 Like

[drool] Mine are a month away from that

I wish I could send a picture of the White Gold tree - got 3 gallons yesterday

2 Likes