Fall sprays

I’m posting this just so I can keep track of what I have done so I’ll know next year.

On 12/2/17 I sprayed peaches, plums, apples, pears, jujube and persimmon with dormant oil, NuFilm P, copper and sulfur. I mixed them all in one sprayer and applied as labeled on each ingredient. You can really see the difference with the NuFilm. Looks like the tree has been shellacked.

2 Likes

You should probably get some other kind of copper if you are going through it that fast. I used Kocide 3000 and a bag last me 4-5 years. The dose depends a lot on the kind of copper. The spray amounts guide here probably has my Kocide dose in it.

Quince rust I found impossible to get rid of organically, its one reason I switched to myclobutanil for rust. Its horrible stuff, ruins fruits and can spread to apples (mine didn’t but I have seen it on local apples and its a mess).

1.5 teaspoons or tablespoons?

I’m assuming since I wrote this with a small t, that is teaspoons (cap T is tablespoons usually). Which makes sense since the old spray was at the 5 teaspoon level and you want 28% of that for the more concentrated stuff.

1 Like

Ok. Good deal. I had a hunch it was teaspoons just wanted to clarify. Thanks

Are you still spraying at this point?

No. Leaning forward with planning for early Febish 2019.

Got it, good stuff.

1 Like