Farm Robots

2 Likes

@disc4tw

This technology is impressive.

1 Like

Different kind of farm, but definitely a robot… I could see a similar automation concept used for planting seeds.

3 Likes

“Caterpillar announced plans to further electrify America’s farms by demonstrating a new, first-of-its-kind, 600V battery powered electric field elevator at a nut harvesting operation in California.”

2 Likes

Economics / Gains from Using Burros - and how to deliver them (youtube.com)

‘Burros’ are being used to assist in table grape harvests, among other things.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’m guessing anything using computer software will be called AI by marketing now. Their demo video of edging and leaf blowing was not very impressive. A reasonably priced robotic lawn mower would be nice. They have been available for a few years but I’ve never seen any critical reviews.

2 Likes

I used to work in a semi-automated hydroponics facility. While cool in concept, the machines broke multiple times a week and there were often sensor errors, which meant someone had to go grab a ladder and climb up to see whether the amount of trays in the system was correct. The company is also in debt. Suffice to say, I’m not sure the technology is quite there yet, or at least people need to put more thought into its design and use better quality parts.

2 Likes