Figcuttings.com

for Harvey’s website? thx

1 Like

Well right now he’s sold out of everything, he sells mostly cuttings, FIGAHOLICS

He also as you can see at his website sells trees. I forget what time of year he sells actual trees yet it’s for a short time. You’d have to act fast because he’s a very popular seller of fig cuttings and of fig trees.

here is his ebay account he sells some things there when he has something to sell. http://www.ebay.com/usr/harveyc?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

2 Likes

His trees since he sells as an auction they can sell for over 100 USD, I think about $70 was the cheapest I had seen one of his trees sell. That is why most people get cuttings from him.

1 Like

I found the his site. I wanted a potted fig to as a gift. So cuttings wont work. Also I do not buy from ebay anymore since most seller use PP. I will never use PP again.I have learnt that PP offers buyers little protection :frowning: and some sellers will use this to their advantage :frowning:

1 Like

That is too expensive for me as a gift. not even for myself. I am not a collector just trying to add a few different ones to what I have.

1 Like

Most people use PP, most people do not have a online shopping cart unless they are a nursery. A lot of people do not like PP yet if you know a seller is reliable there is no worry, some people even give fig trees away for shipping or totally free. Most people do not give away totally free because they send out to many people, would be so expensive.

1 Like

I know what you mean but I have removed all cc and bank account attached to PP. So I do not buy from ebay anymore :frowning: Looks like I may have to order from Joe. I will see if Groworganic have any potted Black Jack. I do love the fig. I got mine bare root from an online store at the moment the name escapes me :frowning: thx

1 Like

They are sold out, yet this great family owned nursery has it in stock right now https://www.fourwindsgrowers.com/store/other-edibles/fig.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=271&category_id=23

1 Like

I have bought citrus from them before. I will call tomorrow to see if they have it. Shipping could be expensive :frowning: from CA to NY. that is where I want the potted fig shipped. Many places are sold out :frowning: thx

1 Like

You are welcome, I have bought an orange tree from them, the best citrus I have ever bought and it’s the 3rd citrus I have bought.

It’s not a good time of year to buy fig trees.

1 Like

Their citrus specimens are very good! I would have gifted friend one of my Celeste but all the rooted cuttings died after I potted them up :frowning: I will try a different method soon, wrap dirt on the branches. I do not have any empty water bottles which would make it easier. Will see if Saran wrap will work, messy and flimsy. thx

1 Like

We buy citrus and figs from Four Winds Growers all the time; in fact I just got two fig trees last week. However, we are close enough to pick them up. I don’t think they ship fig trees.

2 Likes

OK thx for letting me know. Looks like I will have to order from Joe in MA

1 Like

There’s a website called almost eden that sells a lot of figs. Their inventory is usually weird but every time I’ve checked, they’ve had something interesting. Might be worth a shot.

1 Like

Joe is a highly respected fig grower and seller yet I do not see black Jack listed on his website!

1 Like

He is and I have bought from him before. He only sells Italian figs :frowning: I didnt like the St Pietro though. My palate thinks that it seems too dry. I have one fruit at the moment. hopefully it will taste better this yr

1 Like

I will ask around and see if I can find a fig collector able to sell you one tree of Black Jack without paypal.

1 Like

Thx I appreciate it. I can pay via cc. Sorry I don’t mean to be a pain, I got sc$%4 by PP that I vow never to use them again. I buy fresh chestnuts from an old boy in TN. He trust me and I trust him and I send him a cheque. next yr or fall I will get bare root for myself. As this one is going to be a gift, I cannot send bare root, not that I can get one anyway. I remember who I bought my BJ bareroot from now, Baylaurel nursery. If price and shipping is agreeable they would have to ship direct to NY. Thx!

1 Like

I myself really like PP, as I have had my CC stolen twice from online transactions, and would never give it out to any vendor anymore. It’s just too much hassle to deal with stolen cards. Limiting exposure by using PP has been great, and secure.

1 Like

Conversely, I’ve had my paypal hacked and my bank account emptied! Got my money back eventually, but it was a pain. Nothing is perfect as long as people want to steal what’s yours.

1 Like