Figs, figs, everywhere!

Those Desert Kings look really good.Maybe I’ll contact him to see about the location of that big tree.
I went searching for a reported huge Loquat near the International District of Seattle about three years ago in the Fall.I didn’t find the plant then,but saw two big Fig trees in someone’s back yard.Obviously,they didn’t care too much for them. Brady

6 Likes

I picked my fig a couple days early to get away from squirrels.

3 Likes

Here is a Chicago hardy I picked last night. I should’ve waited one more day for it to shrivel a little but the birds had pecked a spot in it.

9 Likes

Forgot to mention it tasted superb, been eating them for a week. So far my favorite variety, but then again it’s the only tree I have old enough to fruit.

4 Likes

Very cool, I have heard they are good. Mine is fruiting but it was just rooted, so maybe next year. The figs could ripen on time, yet fruit on young plants is not always good. I will have figs from Florea, VDB, Osborn Prolific, Marseilles Black VS, and probably Scott’s Black too. If they can ripen on time, looks like it, they are big now and I have over 60 days of decent weather left.
VDB

8 Likes

It looks like those are starting to color up, Drew. All of mine have progressed very quickly once they started to change color. It looks like you will have figs to eat this year. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Always surprised that other people are up as late as me. Those look great Drew

1 Like

Or as early? Gotta water the gardens before work! Or course, I’m east coast.

Borer those are much larger than mine.

Well I am glad I could expand your world Drew :slight_smile: My right hand is even bigger and that itity bitty fig is a highly desired fig. That’s last years harvest on a 4?5 year tree, but this year is looking better. Who can guess what it is? My main crop starting to be worth my morning coffee stroll. I probably ate 20 figs this morning the rest of the family can share that bowl of leftovers. The Smith and a couple others they missed out on. 1st person to guess the mini fig on 1st try prior to 12:00 midnight E.T. will get a nice group of cuttings next fall, but maybe not the mini fig as she is slow slow slow.

4 Likes

St. Rita?

Celeste?

Touche’! Funnest thing here ever! Nice haul even if you ate most! No idea what it could be? The mystery mini-fig, hmm, I don’t even know what most look like, or what color they are? I still should guess. Maltese Beauty?

St Rita=nope Celeste=nope Maltese Beauty=nope There is Celeste in that bowl the majority at the bottom, so if you were guessing on that Steve you are granted another guess. I might not have made clear the mini fig you guessing at is the one I posted in response to the smaller is better thoughts Pic guessing posted again here

OK, well you just told us what it is! That occurred to me, but was too obvious!

I don’t think I told you yet I don’t know the pic is much of a clue either

No, trying to pry it out of you :smiling_imp:
A very good contest! Good luck all!

When was the photo taken?

The mini fig pic was taken last season I will take a pic of the tree and maybe post it later, but it’s doing better and might be a giveaway The other pics from this morning. Lets open it up to one guess an hour not just one guess. I think i even took a interior pic last year but it would not help either

1 Like

Yes not like the fig boards, not an extreme amount of fig growers. Thanks for being here btw! Just having experienced growers here helps a lot. I’m new to figs, well 2 seasons only. OK, it’s one hour and 2 minutes since my last guess Let’s go with the obvious Hardy Chicago? Or Chicago Hardy in some circles. You know Matt and other fig growers are probably working, oh well!