Fox or coon tracks?

12 + 1

2 Likes

@fruitility you are da man!!!
I wish there was someone like you in our neighborhood.

1 Like

13 + 1

3 Likes

14 + 1. This one displayed a convincing T-Rex persona as I walked up to the trap.

2 Likes

Uh oh, be careful.
Are you seeing a reduction in fig/fruit thievery?
Is the trap in the same place for all these catches?

1 Like

The trap has been in the same location near the row of 20 fig trees, and the number of broken twigs/small branches caused by climbing fat coons has been significantly decreased. More fruit staying in place and ripening has resulted in more batches being processed in the electric dehydrator either w/ or w/o cinnamon sprinkled on top of the fig halves. On the other hand, all kinds of insects from honey bees to fruit beetles to butterflies are loading up on the super sweet gel and thus lots of ruined fruit are hosting a fungi fest. The fuzzy fermenting figs have the area smelling like fig wine. Wine making is yuckier than sausage making.

1 Like

15 + 1. And a few squirrels.

2 Likes

I had reason to contact Kentucky Dept. Of Fish and Wildlife today on this issue. In KY at least, a Landowner may trap or shoot a nuisance animal that is doing damage even out of season and without license. The animal had to be doing damage, and only the landowner, dependants, or tenants can do so, and cannot transport the remains off the property (KRS 150.170).
This is KY and may not be the same in your state. And I’m not a lawyer…

3 Likes

White face, black eyes, pink nose, black ears, pink fingers with long nails, poofy fur coat with whitish/grayish color variation, stone cold facial expression, and wobbles side-to-side when strutting forward. No, not the winner in last years NY fashion show, just opossum #2 in the trap. At least I now have an idea where those fashion designers get their fashion ideas.

2 Likes

I finally took down a coon last night. Two fox were shown new hunting grounds earlier. It’s a start but I expect there are several more coons needing new quarters.

5 Likes

16 + 2.

4 Likes

Another opossum, slightly bigger. 16 + 3

1 Like

We have contacted a KY game warden a couple years ago because of how much damage deer had done to our veggie gardens. I think they said we’d have to prove deer were doing the damage, and then if we shot one, they’d have to come get it.

We haven’t tested that law yet, but when I’ve seen my plots or fruit trees ravaged, I just want to sit out there with a Gatling gun and mow them down…

2 Likes

I just asked about coons and groundhogs specifically, so dunno. Deer are sarcastic jerks. They demolish your front yard all year, then vanish the first day of season!

2 Likes

Have you seen the show BILLIONS?

2 Likes

That deserves two likes…lol

2 Likes

Yep, I vowed revenge last season, spent two weeks in a blind, out in our pasture, and didn’t get one. Two crossed right in front of me, but they were way too small. I saw a couple bucks, but they were walking away from me at an angle, so no shot.

Rifle season is only a couple weeks in November, but bow season is two months I think. But, I don’t have the time, cash nor inclination to learn another way in which deer will further frustrate me.

2 Likes

Yes, I saw the first season of it (we had a free year of Showtime), but fail to see the connection?

Loved the show, but it wasn’t worth keeping ST for $12 a month just for that series.

1 Like

2nd season

Guy out in the Hamptons, or wherever those billionaires live, got pissed at the deer browsing his costly landscaping and took an assault gun to them

It was the wrong neighborhood for that sort of thing

Consequences ensued

2 Likes

Oh yah, I saw that episode. Was that season two? Anyways, Bobby had to come out and keep (or pay off) the police from hauling his buddy, or co-worker, off to jail for firing his AR at the devil deer.

Heh, I don’t have an AR, but now that you bring up that episode…

1 Like