Gurneys / Henry Fields Standard Apple rootstock

Still doesn’t make sense to me since M111 is 75% - 80% of standard. I guess if that’s how they list it, so be it. I would assume then that the more vigorous varieties are on seedling stock. If that’s true then by extension they don’t really sell “standard” trees, but rather semi-standard.

I guess I just get too caught up in the details. Reminds me of when American car companies began offering 2010 model year automobiles in 2008.

Appleseed,

You make very valid points. As for me, I’m just guessing.

You know a lot more about fruit growing than I do, so don’t hesitate to question what I say, especially if it doesn’t seem to make sense.

oh I’m not questioning you at all my friend…not at all. I just question why a nursery would list something as standard and seedling and then tell folks it could be seedling or M111, while another representative says they’re all on M111. Just doesn’t make sense. M111 is not a standard RS and it’s not a seedling and there is a difference to the consumer.

I’m not doubting it one bit. I just wish people would call things what they are so you know for sure what you are getting. If I buy a sack of sugar I expect sugar inside when I open the bag.