Healthiest Fruits to grow

It is recommended to eat at least 21 different kinds of fruits and vegetables per week. Not one fruit would be the best.

Also be aware about the most contaminated produce:

Surprise me most is the level of pesticde in a peeled tangerine. I would think pesticide would be on the peels than inside.

I often think that eating fruit like babanas, tangerines, pomeloes would be safer as the flesh is protected by its skin. No?

Yes

Hereā€™s a non-scientific article as to what are supposed to be the healthiest fruits.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/lifestyles/eating-right-what-are-the-healthiest-fruits/

Except there is no nearly conclusive evidence Iā€™m aware of that legal levels of pesticide residue represent a danger to human health. Now breathing city air or air contaminated by coal burning power plants is another issue.

The list is nuts, I just tried a search about the nutritious virtues of pork fat and all I can find is that it is a relatively benign form of animal fat and nothing suggesting it is a nutritional power house or high in vitamin B- that would be the meat not the fat, I believe.

Itā€™s not our burden to prove that pesticide residues are dangerous. Itā€™s the burden of manufacturers to prove theyā€™re safe.

Hereā€™s some peer reviewed biomedical literature on pesticide residues:

Yes, they are legally required to and do. That is how the requirements of a label are created. ,

I know this is controversial and Iā€™m not trying to win you over, I am just an aging hippy who used to think any man-made compounds are dangerous- particularly when orally ingested- but that was 40 years ago, and Iā€™ve changed my mind- partially because modern ag chemicals are not at all like what was being used 40 years ago, but even more because there are chemicals in our environment that have a lot more evidence going against them than the pesticide residue in our food and the fad obsession on this one venue has begun to annoy.

My clients often spend weekdays in Manhattan, breathing that city air, full of exhaust and emissions from oil burners, living in buildings with all kinds of carcinogenic volatils wafting through the confined air of their apts and offices and yet they often focus on a tiny bit of residue in their food- as if their lungs and skin canā€™t absorb poisons. And the chemicals in agriculture are the ones most rigorously tested for safety. Humans instinctively worry most about being poisoned orally.

2 Likes