Here's what's up in May!

Misty Blueberry:

The garden in full force…picked radishes and beets today

Tomcot…huge set this year…happy dance :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Fairtime…fingers crossed the fruitless stay and I get a late peach!

Cot N Candy Aprium…huge set as well. Happy dancing again :dancer::dancer::dancer:

Eva’s Pride Peach…ya’ll know how I feel about this one…:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::wink::wink:

That’s all for now folks…until we meet again…:hugs:

29 Likes

So beautiful orchard and vegetable Jennifer.

1 Like

Thank you Vincent!

1 Like

Oh Puggy!!! You have the touch! Love your pictures and success!

1 Like

Eva’s Pride - Had to do some propping up…This year I left more fruit on the tree. A few peaches with split pit have fallen off…The rain and wind had me panicing…:weary:

Tomcot coloring up

Boysenberries

Crimson

Flame

Eggplant, summer squash and kolrabi…no worries Mr. Greeny has been taken care of…:chicken:

18 Likes

That is one nice looking peach tree!

1 Like

You better get that tomato worm!!! Before he eats the kolrabi…

Handled! Chicken food. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your tomcots look incredible.

1 Like

Looks great! Beats my -2 Celsius and snow yesterday…

2 Likes

Puggy I’m hanging onto three Tomcots!!! I would love yours! The pic is right out if a catalogue!

1 Like

Those are some of the most beautiful photos I’ve seen. Also fun to see how far along you are compared to me and others in my area and further north. You definitely have skills. Nice going.

1 Like

Oh goodness. I cannot handle to snow and cold. I grew up in Southwestern Washington…couldn’t handle the rain and got the puck outta there to sunny southern California! I lost some of the beauty and peace and quiet but hey I visit often at the most beautiful time…SUMMER! lol

Funny…this was one of my first tester trees as it was listed at 500 chill hours (I believe), it is slow to bloom and leaf out a little bit in the beginning but man does it take off!

Very nice pictures Jenifer, you have done a great job with your beautiful orchard! I really enjoy seeing pictures of well maintained orchards and gardens!

1 Like

Very nice job, PG! I can only sigh when I see those Tomcots, and only dream of growing those here. I almost ordered one of those and a Tilton this spring, but thought it’d prob be a losing proposition with our late freezes. I’m still not understanding how y’all can get fruit so soon, do things just bloom much earlier there?

But, we did add a couple peach trees, so that’ll give us four to look forward to hopefully getting fruit in a couple years. How old is that tree of yours, and how soon did it start producing?

We haven’t planted any veggies yet, but hope to put some seed taters in the ground within a week.

Do the chickies mess with your veggies or fruits at all? BTW, did y’all select a new head rooster?

2 Likes

Beautiful trees and great- looking fruit. You are a highly skilled gardener.

3 Likes