Home Renovation II

Solar lights?

Awesome Richard. As I have watched you install your orchard/yard, I have often wondered if the design is a long term dream/plan that you have had. You certainly have me thinking about how to improve my orchard and surrounding area. Thanks, Bill

1 Like

Richard, when you flood the basins, will it cause a problem with the mulch? You may have to rake them every time.

They’re A/C 9W 6500K compact fluorescent, switched from an indoor cabinet that will also house irrigation controllers.

Yes, as you probably remember I created design plans (w/ Adobe Acrobat) prior to planting, including space for the golf course, the location of planter beds, etc. :slight_smile:[quote=“Johnnysapples, post:183, topic:9567”]
when you flood the basins, will it cause a problem with the mulch?
[/quote]

The mulch layer is 3-4 inches thick. It rises and falls with the water level and the tree rings keep it from escaping.

4 Likes

Move in day!! :slight_smile: :articulated_lorry: :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Whees the fountain pictures?!? I want a putt putt course now!!!

1 Like

They’re still being powered by extension cord. The underground wires have been pulled to adjacent conduit boxes and hopefully will be fully connected next week.

4 Likes

Gee but it’s great to be back home!

https://youtu.be/vuO878gwWyw

4 Likes

Your dating yourself

Home is where I’d rather be

Mike

1 Like

Richard,
Thank you for the banana pup (and grape vine) and the tour of your home and garden! The photos you’ve posted do not do them justice. I was very impressed with the range of fruit trees and other plants that you have. I learned a lot and I very much appreciate the time you gave up this morning. I look forward to seeing your place once everything is complete!

Thank you again,
Jason

6 Likes

Incoming solar …

7 Likes

My new toy for tracing wire bundles through underground conduit. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Richard

I LOVE ALL OF YOUR NEW LITTLE TOYS THAT MAKE UP ONE BIG BEAUTIFUL NEW TOY.

MIke

4 Likes

Are you going to have a soda pop, lemonade and ice cream stand to go with the golf course and orchard?

3 Likes

LOL

1 Like

14 Likes

Glad to see you have the requisite orange golf balls and green colored putters. That makes it a miniature golf course!!
That looks great, superb job!

3 Likes

Everything looks so nice Richard. I can just read the dogs minds, this is a silly way for us to play ball.

2 Likes

Yes, but wouldn’t you like to come back as one of his dogs?

5 Likes

Most of the holes are “paw” two.

8 Likes