How is your weather? (Part 1)

not worried so much for the trees as the shallow rooted plants in the raised beds. got to get some fresh mulch on them to hold the moisture better. was waiting till’ the soil warmed some before remulching them. still hit frozen spots in my compost piles.

getting into the upper 20’s tonight up here. going to have to cover the new budding plants. no rain in the forecast up here in the 7day.

Rain for the next week. Will have to hope my earlier sprays are enough

1 Like

Looks dry here thru about Tues…and then a good shot of rain/storms/whatever…temps rebound quickly though back to 80F or better. Stuck in the 40Fs overnight here.

Overcast and high 50’s.

95 here today. High 79 Monday. Gonna rain for a week after Monday…

1 Like

Has been in the 80s just about all week, with only a brief storm early yesterday morning. The AC has been on quite a bit the last couple of days, and I keep it at 80.

Dry and warm the next few days, but it’s supposed to be a wet week next week. So, gotta get things tilled this weekend, and get the seed potatoes in the ground soon.

1 Like

Found this on the NOAA site, it’s various satellite images. I thought the first one, which is called GeoColor is really neat, shows visible during daylight hours and infrared at night. Right now, you can see the city lights. The loop is particularly interesting.

Screen capture of GeoColor

1 Like

My Cherry is in bloom and we had a low of 36F last night. Tonight looks like it’ll be in the 30’s as well.

2 Likes

We have clear blue skies here for the moment. Not sure how long these stick around. Can see the thick clouds to the south…Visible shows very thick clouds over Iowa/NE/SD…yikes…stay away!

Rain again, very typical for RI weather. Very warm with sun yesterday. Puppy has me pooped!

Study says dog owners are healthier than people with no dogs.

2 Likes

Study says that my kids can drive a person into a mental institution.

Very warm in the mid range.

It got so hot we are having an afternoon rain. I just got a bunch of flower planting done. PERFECT!

Responsibility wins every time! :heart:

Not yet average last frost date and 97 deg. This just ain’t right.

1 Like

And a low of 38 last night, 5/12-13.

50’s overcast. Maybe sun this afternoon.

They keep saying we’re going to get lots of rain, but it the amounts so far fall way short of forecast

It wasn’t suppose to rain and it ended up raining last night…

4.5 inches of rain for the month…over 3 inches above avg. Waiting to see if the sun can pop through today.