How is your weather? (Part 1)

We spend all summer in the 90’s with over 90% humidity. You get used to bring covered in sweat and only doing the demanding work early morning or later evening. Just sit on the tractor or try to do things out of the sun during highest sun hours…you get used to it. I was raised in Ohio. I could never spend another winter trying to keep warm, unfreezing the car, shoveling snow, driving on ice…

3 Likes

I remember that 5-6 years ago when I went down to Birch Point Beach in Owls Head…it was high 90s right on the water! Ended up in a movie theater that afternoon to escape the heat.

1 Like

yes but like the heat you get used to it. i went thru Amy basic in AL in aug.! thought i had gone strait into hell! had rashes in places i never had them before! i get physically sick now if im out and about over 75f.

you guys get it worse from the onshore ocean humidity. I’ve been down there in the heat of summer. soupy haze!

1 Like

The ghost of record cold April…now we get record heat

I don’t mind it warm…but this is insane. Time to head for the beach.

Ha! Funny you should mention military. I went to boot in Great Lakes Illinois. Feb. 77. We stayed in the barracks for the 3 weeks of -15 to -40 temps. Damn near froze when we came out for temps hovering in the single digits. Thought I was going to lose all my digits. I requested to go to Puerto Rico after that and spent my whole tour there. Only go back to cold weather for funerals!

2 Likes

LOL…the cold does suck. Living in the tropics wouldn’t be bad if i had 24/7 access to AC. Good AC…like a meat locker.

2 Likes

Damn! Hotter there than here!

I feel for you. Your area has had a bizarre spring…tough to garden & orchard in those conditions.

90s in July is one thing - this is May!

Gonna go do more pre-emptive lettuce cutting

90 here in central MN today. Less than 3 weeks ago there was still ground frost in my swamps. Crazy.

Lucky me gets to drive 4 hours southeast to attend an outside wedding reception in 96 degree temps. Awesome :crazy_face:

Mine is gone…this just doesn’t work here…better off growing it under lights inside or something. Mine looks great too…had rain last night again…so everything is so lush.

Rain missed us - just as the last standing water recedes, I’m getting out the hose

We ended up with .33 inches…it was downpour for a little while. It rained again over night, but just lightly. The kids went swimming in grandpa’s pool this afternoon…that was already at 72F (not heated or anything).

6.26 inches of rain this month.

NWS updated for tomorrow…98F now :hotdog:

my father went thru Army boot in 67’ at ft. dix ,NJ in jan./feb. they were in those quonset huts for barracks . said the same thing. for a n. mainer to complain about the cold it had to be bad!

The forecast suggests we break records both today/tomorrow…very old records too…1874

1 Like

Rain today and more rain for the next 4 days! :cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

1 Like

This type of weather really illustrates how important large shade trees are. In my neighborhood a lot of 50+ year old trees have been cut (lots of ash) and the amount of shade is much less :frowning:

81F/69F at 10am… getting Miami-ish around here today.

We have big ash trees south of our house that provide wonderful shade - spend $$$ every year treating them for the borer

1 Like

Wet and warm here in SE Georgia. Catching some of the side effects of Alberto.