How is your weather? (Part 1)

Ho hum, another 100F day. Most my trees/plants are on hold.

2 Likes

We had another night in the 40s, low of 44F last night.

2 Likes

sunny low 70’s low humidity. still need lots more rain tho.

3 Likes

hit 35f last night 50 mi. north of here at estcourt station , me.

1 Like

Chilly! So soon?

1 Like

I imagine low temps like that will make all those tomato and pepper plants you have very unhappy…

I seem to have the opposite issue, temps in the 90s for 2-3 weeks have meant less flowering and fruit on my tomatoes. Thankfully over the weekend we’re dropping back into the low 80s, with about an inch or so of rain forecast.

4 Likes

As of this week I’m irrigating MWF excepting blueberries.

The weather just isn’t “quite right”. Looks like starting Sunday we will be entering a wet weather pattern. We can definitely use the rain…but I don’t like the looks of the long range forecast.

1 Like

Rain missed us again

Yep, the peppers haven’t grown a lot and haven’t bloomed much. The tomatoes are producing fruit but the plants are smaller than usual. We’re very dry on top of all that, but I do have water down at the big garden (8 100’ hoses to get there!).

1 Like

the reason why i grow tomatoes and peppers in my 10’ by 20’ greenhouse. best investment ive ever made ! the extra heat and humidity in there produces great crops in our cool summers. my monitor says its 91f in there right now with both ends open. its almost tropical in there. $300 from amazon.

3 Likes

Do you have trouble with aphids and spider mites?

Exactly, I haven’t had a day in the 80’s in weeks. These hot days are ruining any prospect of a good summer crop.

a little. I’ve been lucky this year as i have a bunch of daddy long legs that are all over my plants eating the bugs that come around.

1 Like

They seem to be a big problem in tunnel production around here

They are harder to kill with insecticide than their preditors. Thus, over use of weaker pesticides can result in nasty spider mite infections. IPM is the best approach.

3 Likes

Smoke from Canadian fires is supposed to show up here tonight and tomorrow.

At this point I’m just trying to keep my plants alive. Record high temps and no rain. 107 forecasted for tomorrow and Sunday. :cry::cry::cry:

Katy

1 Like

Hang in there Katy. Luckily We got a good 3 inches of rain spreaded out over a few days.

Tony

1 Like

That’s great. We still have 6 weeks before we can start thinking about cooler weather/rain in a usual year. Really hot this year though…

1 Like