How is your weather? (Part 1)

Glad you did’t go jogging in the rain :wink:

1 Like

We managed another inch - astonishing with all that red on the radar, everywhere around us

1 Like

@ltilton, @warmwxrules, and others up there, you’ve been getting slammed lately. Guess it’s good to get some rain this time of year, but not like this.

We could actually use some rain, as our ground is getting kind of crunchy. We’ve had highs in the low 90s all week, with a couple more days forecast as hot. We have like a 30% chance of pop-up storms over the next few days.

1 Like

Roads are washed out all over…areas north of me got over 7 inches…

1 Like

Nada,nothing, but heat and humidity, disgusting . Will go out to check on my single apricot!

1 Like

low 80’s muggy dead calm. plants are loving it! me, not so much! need some rain.

1 Like

Still dry and hot hot hot. >100f again this weekend

1 Like

Getting some heavy rain right now (10:30), started right after I did my daily garden inspections. May get about a half inch at this rate.

It’s supposed to get hot later today, so it’ll be really steamy. This will really help the gardens and trees, this were really getting parched.

Update: we got about 3/4" of rain, and it’s about to clear off. Then it’ll be like a sauna out there.

2 Likes

Plants will love it

1 Like

Looks like rain all afternoon here…more maybe tonite. ugh…

That area north of Dubuque…just storm after storm lately.

1 Like

And naturally it’s going to miss us again

1 Like

Its been raining here all day …but its lightish so not too bad. Still going to add up to half to 3/4 inch.

for my backyard
6.75 inches so far this month
5.38 inches in June
7.20 inches in May
4.87 in April

It won’t end…i have to mow again and i just mowed 3 days ago.

Areas from Albert Lea south to Waterloo are showing 2-6 inches of rain the last 12 hours.

1 Like

After our on and off again drought we are now at 3.30 in of rain for the last 24 hours and 7.3 in for the month of July with likely more to come. I figured it was on the way… But I figured the skies would open in June.

My Redhaven peaches are starting to color up. They will probably be bland with the rain and considering I didn’t do enough thinning after considerable leaf drop due to PLC and shot hole.

2 Likes

There must be spots in north Iowa pushing 20 inches for this month

1 Like

Been sunny and without measurable rain for 6 weeks. Tonight had some light showers which will save me having to water garden tomorrow.

1 Like

Dubuque seemed to be Ground Zero last nite

1 Like

It is crazy because just to the south…St Louis has had almost no rain this month…just heat heat and more heat (105F there today).

1 Like

sunny low 70’s low humidity. great day to work outside!

1 Like

Wow! We get on average 13" for the entire year. I wish I had some of your rain.