How is your weather? (Part 1)

It’s 2am and we just hit our low temperature of the week of 75° with the dewpoint of 75°, humidity at 99%.

You just think you want that kind of rain. Get it and you’ll be eating 10 brix peaches like everyone else out east is this yr. In fact you’ll spray a lot in order to eat anything. If not they’ll rot away.

I don’t want any rain or clouds all summer. Unfortunately our monsoon has set in. Half my summer is CA style the other half back east.

2 Likes

I guess like I mentioned earlier, too much of a good thing is not always welcome!

1 Like

Nothing like waking up in the morning if you have the AC on and seeing the outside of your windows sweating like a cold glass of iced tea!

1 Like

Here’s a fascinating video loop of global rainfall for the past week.

https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/details.cgi?aid=4285

1 Like

Mine were that way this morning.

1 Like

High of 82F, humidity 60%, 5 knot wind from west.

1 Like

Cold front moving through and its pouring again. Need 2 weeks to dry out.

1 Like

Nice. I wish we had your comfortable weather. Up here inland I hit 103f with a 35f dew point yesterday aft.

108F in St Louis yesterday…with upper 60F dews… reminds me of…

Those who don’t think Phoenix gets humid… it gets very humid.

Cold front through here but taking some time for the drier air to make it south…had a few sprinkles this morning. Dew point is 68F still in La Crosse while not far to the north in Minneapolis its in the mid 50Fs (much more comfortable air).

Was driving through rural Wisconsin yesterday…corn is huge on high ground, but on low ground seeing lots of stunted stuff…lime green leaves (no N).

Canadian high pressure will take over for a few days with 80F/60F day/night temps in store.

Quick shot of heat next week, but the extended looks niiiiiiiice!

… during monsoon season.

We’ve only seen a few days of it so far earlier in the week.

“How is your weather?”

The same way it is every year at this time. Hot, humid, and no rain for weeks or months on end. I HATE summer!

It has rained almost every day and the weather is hot and humid. My grapes have fungus problem now. I like last year more, almost no rain and hot.

2 Likes

Here’s the front - looking forward to tomorrow’s cool

1 Like

Totally agree. All the rain this spring/summer is so overkill. We did have one longest stretch that it really dried out, but it flipped back wet fast. With the upcoming pattern i’d imagine the heavy rains are done for now…

@ltilton

Remember that is day 7-15…so that early August period looking nice and cool.

2 Likes

Dry and hot…all summer long. Today has a forecasted of 98. Haven’t seen a rain cloud in well over a month. Supposedly a 20% chance of storms tomorrow, i’ll take what i can get.

1 Like

Hope so - planning to do my fall planting. But not, I think, tomorrow

1 Like

Isn’t Boise a pretty dry climate? I always wanted to go to Stanley, ID…i remember as a little kid looking at the newspaper hi/lows for the lower 48 and Stanley was always the coldest spot all summer long.

Got to love 33F/34F and 36F the last 3 nights! Be pretty tough growing stonefruit.

2 Likes

was up at 4 this morning headed to the lake for some fishing. was 38f at the lake shore at 430 am. 70f with low humidity today. light wind. skeeters and black flies are gone now. great conditions to work outside. had some showers but need some more substantial rain.

2 Likes

I put my station online today … no worries about the map – the shown location is down the street!

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCAVISTA59

1 Like