How is your weather? (Part 1)

Very dry, we only average around 12 inches of rain a year, and nearly all of that falls during the winter and spring. Stanley is in the mountains and much more forested, so that doesn’t surprise me. Boise is very different, arid and surprisingly hot in the summer. I think during the month of July our average low is above 60 degrees which is pretty high given our latitude.

Was just looking at Boise…running very warm for July…+6F …so it has been torching. Good stonefruit weather in Boise by the looks of it.

2 Likes

The dew point in Phoenix right now is 73F…!! The world as we know it has ended…!!

We’ve been mid 60s dew points. That’s bad enough. I’m sick of all the rain and clouds. Don’t know how I’ll get ahead of the slimy green weeds that won’t go thru the mower. My Savor melons are splitting wide open.

2 Likes

That would be just sick with their heat.

1 Like

Pouring finally and a little cool air!

We dropped to 61F. I was chilly out there this morning. Thick clouds all morning keeping the heat at bay. Dews are still hanging around the upper 50Fs…so there is plenty of moisture around. Walking in the grass this morning you would have thought it rained overnight…dew city. Good for rot.

Lots of 40Fs/low 50Fs across the north…WI/MN/Ontario this morning…plenty of heat far south.

2 Likes

same here. was foggy low 40’s at 5am. calm partly sunny and 71f right now. picking my black currants today :wink:

1 Like

There are so many micro-climates in San Diego County that the 70F low on the map is meaningless.

1 Like

Just the official reading at the airport—SGX…if you put every ob on their from California you’d need a pretty sizeable map.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=sgx&sid=KSAN&num=72

That is some nice weather though…i can see why you wouldn’t really need much AC or heat in San Diego…i suppose even more so the closer you are to the Pacific.

1 Like

The airport weather really doesn’t represent the region at all.

1 Like

Pretty good here actually. High 80’s low 90’s are cooler than the mid to high 90’s july usually brings. We had a terrible drought up to late May or early June but we are finally in our summer rain pattern. It quickly remidies the drought and everythiung is growing like MAD! doesn’t seem quite as humid as usual either though just by 5 or 10 %. That will keep us in the 75-85% range instead of 90-95%. All in all a fairly good summer so far…

2 Likes

4 Likes

Beautiful today, may hit 80, but the humidity is really low. So, need to take advantage of the weather and get some outside work done. I was actually in the tomato/pepper patch for an hour last night, and normally id be a walking sponge, but only sweated a little. I was out there this morn for half hour and no sweat.

3 Likes

Perfect gardening weather!

2 Likes

Long range Euro shows what is shaping up to be a “cool” first half of August in the midwest and the heat stays out west. Hopefully that means drier for these parts. Rain again this morning here… Storms very likely tomorrow with a cold front moving through. Looks like temps will stay around 80F/60F in the extended…very comfortable for this time of year.

Allegy season is right around the corner. I’m very allergic to ragweed…so this time of year sucks.

1 Like

Here’s my solar array power response for yesterday. The peak was at 2pm. Notice the cloudy morning :slight_smile: . We had more of the same today.

5 Likes

I noticed Death Valley had a dew point of 66F this morning/afternoon for a few hours (as the temps warmed quickly)…would have been a greasy hike in the desert.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/timeseries.php?sid=DEVC1&num=168&wfo=vef

1 Like

It’s monsoon season in the SW.

I know…

2 Likes

I’ve done that midnight hike from Death Valley to Lone Pine, then on to Whitney Portal. It’s very pleasant in the June evenings.