How is your weather? (Part 1)

Gorgeous weather, right on schedule. The seasons literally change almost on the first day of the month, every year.

1 Like

All true. But it is cool to see it come out in the graph like that.

1 Like

Very cool pattern setting up for the east half of the country next week. Very fallā€™ish.

1 Like

Meteorological fall

1 Like

Harvey has just arrived here in the Memphis area in the form of heavy rain. Also, tornado sirens.

3 Likes

Yeahā€¦ should see a warm day Mondayā€¦and then a nice cool off.

Yikes in the Atlanticā€¦here comes #2ā€¦ This will be one to watch late next week.

Weā€™ve got Lidia churning up the spine of Baja California. Itā€™ll likely bring us monsoonal rain.

Be interesting to see if it tracks through the Hebert box

1 Like

Our weather in Newport already feels like the end of Sept. and the beginning of fall. Chilly too early, too soon. This weather is not helping the end of my plums peaches and tomatoes. The raspberries are tiny.

1 Like

The fall vegetable garden is loving it!

1 Like

Same here in MA, Worcester. My Reliance peaches are already 2 weeks late and still hard as rock.

1 Like

We started having the low in the 50ā€™s since Aug 23. Even my coworkers who like cooler weather said this is way too soon to have Autumn weather.

So cool that it has affected figā€™s and watermelonā€™s (non) development for over a week now.

Tomorrow itā€™s supposed to be 110, which means it will be 112 or 113. Same for Saturday.

1 Like

Frost advisory up for areas of Wisconsin. I think areas to my east will easily be 40F ish or a little cooler tonite. I still have my Ac on (ragweed! ugh) but that will be shut off.

Iā€™m sure there will be another hurricane thread if there isnā€™t ā€¦ but manā€¦keep an eye on this next one if you live in the northeast.

1 Like

Itā€™s been nice here the last week, highs in the low 80s, lows in low 60s, even dipped into the 50s some nights. We had a big bonfire going the other night, and I actually had to put on a long sleeve shirt. It can get pretty cool here when the sun dips behind the hills. Looks like weā€™re into the ā€˜pre-fallā€™ season here.

But, the remnants of Harvey are due here over the next 36 hours, so we could end up with some heavy rains, but prob not more than 2-3in.

2 Likes

We have had the coolest august I can ever remember. Love it, but not good for ripening figs ime afraid, as they donā€™t seem to be doing much now. Cool nights color up our apples more though, and dew points very low for us which is great for fruit. Havenā€™t sprayed my apples in about 5 weeks, and they look great

2 Likes

Direct hit on Washington, DCā€¦right into Scotts backyard? Lets hope for a recurve out into the ocean.

0z GFS toniteā€¦10 days from now. These things can change a ton in that amount of time. Something to watch.

1 Like

You seen the Euro model? The guys on the thread are saying itā€™s likely more accurate the GFS, especially with this yearā€™s Atlantic storms. I havenā€™t seen the latest Euro forecast, but donā€™t know where to look.

Curious, where do you get these 10 day maps at? Never mind, says tropical tidbits.com on the map.

1 Like

You can get them at tropical tidbits ā€¦tons of maps/model runs.

Can only get the day 7 Euro on CODā€¦a french site has the 10 day but you have to rotate your head to view it :slight_smile:

Euro is ////usually//// more accurate. I think the best thing to do is watch trendsā€¦the trend right now is south and westā€¦ not good for a hit somewhere on the US coastline.

1 Like