How is your weather? (Part 1)

No sun here lately…Lots of trees are showing color it would seem…very early from what i can tell…

1 Like

lows 60’s and rain off and on.

1 Like

About a month early - the dry weather is making them cut their losses

2 Likes

Just had to get the palm tree in…:grinning:

1 Like

Yuck.

Beautiful!

It’s been beautiful here for several days (and hopefully several days yet)–highs in the 80s, lows in the 60s.

1 Like

It has been dry here too. I only got 1.71" for the month of August. We had about 2x our normal July precip, but otherwise we have been dry most of the growing season. No rain yet and 9 days into September

For the first time in the 4 years that we have lived in our house the wet spot/tiny creek in our backyard is dry. It made mowing it a cinch today! Now if I only had the time to dig in a tile line while it isn’t complete muck…

3 Likes

Any chance of hurricane rain reaching you?

2 Likes

Very dry here in Kansas for several weeks. Our ground water water table is full underneath so we are very fortunate. Ponds are full and I need to do some dam work once it drys out 6-7 feet down. The top of the soil is very dry , hard, and dusty! This is the road in front of my house. Typically fall rains would be starting shortly but nothing has been typical for several years

Same here. It does have a curse-like quality

WU says there’s a blocking high that will keep the hurricane remnants from getting this far, but it’ll reach the state, They Say

I got something done today that I’ve been wanting to do for 3 years in the yard. With the dry weather I got tile line installed in my backyard swamp. 60’ of 4" tile, dug by hand, going to be sore tomorrow.

11 Likes

I’m bracing for Irma. My place is in Southwest GA, fingers crossed!

5 Likes

Congrats on the finished project.

Tony

1 Like

Was the drain already there?

Nope. I added the drain. It is on the edge of my property line. This is the first time the “spring” has stopped running water since we moved in. And also the day before was the first time I was able to mow all the way down to the bottom without sinking the mower in. Hopefully this changes that some.

4 Likes

The predicted high for today was 78 but at the moment it’s pushing 90. :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Hoping for hurricane rain, not really expecting any

2 Likes

That’s wild. It’s 65 here… I have never in 28 years seen it 65 here in day time.

1 Like

After the wettest start to spring/summer…the rain has shut off completely the last month or so. Driest stretch i can remember in some time. Grass is brown…leaves are falling off trees. Around 90F today…average is like 70F ish… Slight cool down this weekend, but ridge comes back next week… Huge trough out west.

GFS puts a cane into N Carolina on day 10/11. something to watch.