How is your weather? (Part 1)

I tried to strip, but they just do not let go. I am thinking may be cut them of with scissors…

1 Like

That air looks to be moving in here this next week//next weekend looks brutal. Small chance of snow late week. Right now i have some snow cover, but still lots of grass showing. Not a good set up for brutal cold.

Merry Christmas everyone! 4pm today
More days of sun coming our way!
It’s been a cold December around the great lakes.

1 Like

Merry Christmas, -36C tonight with windchill -45C. On the upside ( gotta be a glass half full person) it is clear, with wonderful deep blue skies, and air that is so crisp it positively crackles.

4 Likes

Down to 0 this morn, and supposed to be in that range all thru the week. This is a relief, at one point the longrange forecasts seemed to be suggesting it’d be in the positives all winter long.

Bad news, the sunporch heater was off, where the citrus overwinter

-6F here with almost no snow. A nice 2F this afternoon.

I had to give my Gardenia a shower yesterday. Mites have shown up. Ugh. Lots of yellow leaves, but overall still looking ok. I don’t give any extra light except for the window.

Lots of lake effect snow …more to come.

Airmass did “”“moderate”"" some…yesterday it was -42F at one station in Ontario… Cold has spread south.
Lows this morning.

Intersting…N FLoridians are freezing…while the south folks are basking in the sun this morning. 77F/69F right now in Miami…looks like real cold doesn’t penetrate S Florida until New Years or after.

-10 here right now with a windchill around -25. Better than yesterday, windchill was pushing -35 then. Sounds like maybe -30 or lower windchill tomorrow again. -18 to -20 for actual lows tonight and tomorrow night.

Yippee :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

@tonyOmahaz5,
We are getting a blast of northern weather right now! It was 9 degrees Fahrenheit at its coldest today but it’s now warmed up to 15. Typical January in Kansas. I will cut scionwood after a couple weeks of this when everything is sleeping deeply. Tonight’s low is -15F to -20F windchill. It’s around 0 degrees tonight so frostbite is expected within 20-30 minutes outdoors. Our members further north are likely much colder!

1 Like

Glad I am not testing in ground figs this year. Cold now with more on the way, probably below zero early next week for lows

We expecting 6 nights in a row around -5F. At least there is some snow on the ground. Not really much though…

Clark,
We are at 0 degree right at the moment. Cold. Cold. Cold!!!

Tony

No idea how y’all deal with that. It gets into the 20s and I don’t go outside.

1 Like

Odd weather here today. We were at 38F and sunny and I took a trip to town. As I went down the hill (I am 3000’ higher than town) the temps kept dropping. It was snowing, cloudy and about 5F in town today. Obviously a temp inversion, way warmer up high than it was down on the plains. Wish I had known, would not have taken a diesel down, they take forever to warm up at these temps. I suspect the cold air in town is part of the same arctic blast that Clark and others are under around here.

-22 right now. Thankfully there’s very little breeze. Deadbolt on front door was frozen shut.

1 Like

-13Fat 630 am today. This low temp will test my unprotected Hybrids persimmon.

Tony

2 Likes

17f when i got up. Not nearly as bad as others but down right chilly with a strong north wind. This year I tried a grenada pomegranate in the ground on the south side of my barn. I mulched the base with a thick layer of leaves. Hopefully it will atleast come back from the roots. soil temps are still above freezing.

11 here last night at ten pm. Still 11 here this morning

-5 this morn - getting about a week of this and hoping it’s enough to kill off some of the pests

1 Like

Yikes…we had -8F with more or less no snowcover.

Might not get above 0F this weekend…for high temps. Ugh. Looks like a slow moderation then after new years.

-36F this morning in International Falls, MN–the high temp yesterday was -12F >…yummy
http://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KINL.html

Thinking the same…hope the SWD take a good hit…with no snowcover the frost will go very deep.

Guys all over ice fishing yesterday… River is froze up pretty solid.

1 Like