How is your weather? (Part 1)

Those being the more florida type ones? I’ve had those before…huge fruits. I tend to like the Mexican varieties better though.

I just want to be able to grow them, pineapples, mangoes, coconut palms, bananas, guava… oh well … stonefruit will have to do.

Cool down this weekend…sunday showing 72F…very good chance of rain Fri/Sat… I th ink i’ll have to pretty much pull all my sweet cherries…they are rotting already…and the birds are ravaging them (1 leg…i’m pretty much useless for awhile still)…

1 Like

95 degrees and rainy the next couple of days! Grow baby’s grow!

3 Likes

I love that little island, where did you live Mrs. G?

1 Like

I’ve been growing guavas in containers for the past few years. No fruit yet, but they’re pretty care-free plants that can be kept small and bushy. You should get some.

1 Like

Do like MrsG - move!

1 Like

Lol! I have 3 little boat anchors… Maybe in 20 years :wink:

1 Like

@clarkinks, did you get any of that hail yesterday?

2 Likes

Off and on showers all week. Plus it’s been in the 80s, talk about steamy. I was out in the tomato patch yesterday, seems like some of the plants grew a few inches overnight!

1 Like

Watching weather nation now, they’re predicting temps around 120 next week in Phoenix. !!! That’s just inconceivable…

Hope yer staying cool, @amadioranch!

1 Like

Fortunately we didn’t get hail but they changed the forecast to 96 degrees Fahrenheit with rain. Very strong winds and lots of lightning with some excellent rain. This weather is going to make my plants grow like crazy so I’m hoping fireblight isn’t present in the area to bad this year.

2 Likes

Sounds like your weekends are calling for a Rum Punch! That would take care of your cravings!

1 Like

116F yesterday in Death Valley…

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=vef&sid=DEVC1&num=72&raw=0

mrsg-
I haven’t drank alcohol since Feb 25… Once (if) my bone heals up here in the next few weeks i’m sure we’ll try to get out drinking at least once this summer. Prior to kids it was a much different story (about every weekend) but now i usually go months between drinks===sometimes i miss those old days, but i don’t miss the hangovers.

5 Likes

When can you stop worrying about FB for the year?

Our arid has just turned to the more usual humid

2 Likes

The only time when fireblight is nothing to worry about is when the tree stops growing. Fireblight only attacks growing trees.

4 Likes

Just came in from planting some of the peppers. It’s mostly sunny and 87, and a bit humid, but there is a nice breeze blowing, so that helps a bit. I think I’m going to put a long sleeve shirt on, feel like my arms are getting burned. I have the farmer’s tan, on lower arms and legs, but I still feel like I’m getting cooked. I’m also wearing a big straw hat and it’s soaked, so came in for a Powerade refill.

Supposed to have big rain tomorrow, that’s why I wanted to get the rasps and peppers in the ground. It is supposed to drop down to the low 80s next week, so that’ll be nice.

3 Likes

Perfect!

1 Like

Hottest weather in my 14 yrs in Alpine, 105F yesterday near that today.

When it was 103F today the dew point was only 15F. So I turned the evaporative cooler onto max, ie all three 8,000 cfm fans running and pad wet. In 30 minutes the GH dropped from it’s normal 90F to 80F. So it was cooling the air 23F, the most I’ve ever seen. If dew point were 60F I don’t think it would have dropped below 88-90F.

3 Likes

First 90+F day this year!

1 Like

Gosh, Fruitnut! That is horrible. Oven-like! We are having more and more rain! Cooled down too, its now in the 60’s with humidity, that is horrible too!!!

2 Likes

Death Valley was 119F…so close.

1 Like