How is your weather? (Part 1)

Snowing here and 20 degrees , getting ready to eat nachos and watch the game.

Just hit 67 a bit ago while I was out relocating pomegranates and preparing blackberry beds. It’s supposed to hit 29 tonight…

Winter in my area is a bit funky.

2 Likes

light snow here and 29 deg. come tues. back to single digits.

1 Like

41F and rain!

1 Like

Snow again, Just like the persimmon seed said.

76F and hot sun. What a crazy winter!

1 Like

February 3rd.

1 Like

Got a quick inch over the last couple hours. Temp is hovering around freezing but dropping to about 20, so that’ll cause the thawed roads to refreeze with the snow on top. Doubt they have school in the morning, they already cancelled Friday. That makes about 8 days of no school over the last month.

This could be an exact replica of our temps on the 3rd as well lol

1 Like

“It looks like it’s going to persist at least another week or more. There are indications it could last even longer than that.”

1 Like

Got below 0 again after all

I believe 7 official records were broke yesterday. My mexican lime is starting to push tons of fruit buds. Hopefully mother nature doesn’t have anymore late season “cold” snaps. For us up here.

2 Likes

I’m glad I live north of there, we got a few inches of snow but it wasn’t too slick.

1 Like

Here in western Orygun/Oregon it has been and will be (at least this week) in the '50’s, sometimes 60, and sometimes sunny, which is usually the weather we get in early March. This time of year we normally get some flooding and possible snow/ice storms. A late freeze is the obvious concern, but I’m wondering about cutting scions now. Normally the end of Feb is good for that but I have a few scion deals with folks in the Midwest and East some of whom are still in the ‘polar vortex’ and my little trees look like they’re starting to push buds. Should I cut and send (or refrigerate) now?
(I don’t know if this topic has been covered lately in this thread/post. 1339 and counting…so, too much… TL; DR)

ȯr-i-gən

I faced similar dilemma when living in Alderpoint, CA. I’d cut and refrigerate.

1 Like

Weather report said low of 28F. We ended up hitting 20F earlier this morning. I guess I’ll learn over the next few days how well Meiwa kumquats handle such low temperatures with a bit of heat coming from the south side of the house and no other protection.

1 Like

And the records continue to fall.
And look, even SF hit 77F!!!

1 Like

My daughter told me that all the deciduous fruit and nut trees are waking up in the Davis area.

1 Like

Richard,
How are your trees coming along.