How is your weather? (Part 1)

105 with a 15 dew point isn’t too bad. OK it’s hot in the sun but not bad in the shade. Just drink a lot of water if working. Because it goes fast…!!

3 Likes

We hit 107f here inland NorCal in my backyard.

3 Likes

still hot and humid…actually we lucked out and didn’t have any rain on Father’s Day…was the first day in about a week where it didn’t…heat index is probably mid 90’s…

1 Like

Not bad… See any stress on any plants from that?

I see Death Valley was 123F…overnight low of 96F…warm night sleeping

1 Like

Really not too much. Did a deep watering saturday (preemptively) and it saved a slaughter. My goldfinger banana (not the pups I posted last week) had a severe sunburn on one of the leaves. Tomatoes were a little sluggish too, drooping in the heat.

1 Like

We had 3% humidites in our recent hot spell. Dew point at 11F with 103 air temperature. I’ve seen 1% here once in the past. So I looked up some records.
Highest recorded dew point: 93F in UAE
greatest dew point deficit: 129 F in Las Vegas air 107 and dew point -22F. Now that’s dry heat…!!

6 Likes

Hot and humid with about 100 mosquitos per sq inch of space.

8 Likes

Here in ‘Mildew by the Sea’ we have 100% humidity and it is in the seventies and miserable. Fog, fog, mist and more fog.

4 Likes

We are hanging in there. FWIW, the news likes to make a big deal about it but its not really that big of a deal. None of the trees care much. Now tomatoes and squash…thats a different story. Just replanted the front corn patch in purple hull peas as a cover. They care not at all about the heat.

4 Likes

Still thinking about you!

1 Like

Just went under an Active Tornado Watch 364

1 Like

Be careful!

2 Likes

We had hail in RI last night. Only lasted for a few minutes. Small hail, like bb’s. The windows were zinging!

2 Likes

Be safe!

Tony

2 Likes

Our warnings have expired. Hope they don’t pop back out.

2 Likes

42F and fog at 11AM. Quite a change from the hot and dry (low to mid 80’s for highs) of the last few weeks. Unfortunately we only got .05" of rain out of this so no break on watering…

1 Like

Cold front moved through here…dropping dews back…we had 1.5 inches of rain all day yesterday…on and off storms.

At 1 am the dew point was 69F… now its down to 54F… so much drier air filtering in behind the front.

1 Like

Thankfully today we are supposed to drop down to a bearable “101F” after another 108f here yesterday. Finally some more normal mid-80’s showing up next mid-week.

3 Likes

Not even going to break 70 here all weekend!?

1 Like

68f… 66f…here this weekend

2 Likes