How is your weather? (Part 1)

Mrs. G.,

How much did you get? We got about 5” last night, more than I thought.

4 Likes

We got rain!

1 Like

Freezing rain and icy road. Lots of cars in the ditch! I pushed the 4X4 on and drove 35 mph on the 70mph speed limit. I made it to work without an accident. Thank goodness!!!

Tony

6 Likes

55 already this morning (10am), and warming up quickly via a brisk south wind. Supposed to get to 71 today, and 79 tomorrow, with no rain until Wednesday. But, it’s supposed to rain off and on thru Sunday. So tired of all this rain, enough already!

1 Like

Rain here, too

Going direct from snow to rain - must be spring

1 Like

It was warm with thunder storms here today , felt like April. Back to winter mix on Wednesday

pretty warm/dry stretch over the next 10 days. hoping spring isn’t too dry…

1 Like

Windy, low 60’s and dry here.

1 Like

Windy , high 60’s and rain here. Odd how we can have a day with temperatures so close but with climates so different.

1 Like

Got back home yesterday after spending 6 days in sunny, 80-90 degrees Jamaica :grin:

Much warmer here than it was before we left (-17ish), but still…fresh snow and temps in the teens are great reality checks.

3 Likes

I sure hope this doesn’t happen for the second year in a row.

From a local weather station in KY/TN area.

“Just saw latest long range models. After near record warmth through the end of February, and everything starts budding out, the second week of March looks horrible. Extreme cold arrive after March 4th as winter makes a hard push back into the area. Any plants that have started budding out will be severely damaged.”

No, no, no! If it happens to y’all it’ll be where I am the next day or so. That was us last year, too.

Our temps are insanely warm this week again for it being February. The only trees really far along are my J plums, though, so maybe it won’t be so bad.

Here’s what happened yesterday

1 Like

66 degrees and sunshine. Feels like 80! I was sweating in my long sleeve shirt and had to switch to a T shirt. Did a dormant oil spray.

2 Likes

Got to 77 today, very nice, but also very windy. I would say we had gusts up to 35mph. Made for tough work clearing brush, and putting a gate on the deck.

But, the rain’s coming back tomorrow and is supposed to last thru Friday. The wind helped dry out things a bit, but it’s still way too mushy underfoot.

It’s supposed to be in the 60s the next few days, but back down in the 40s next week, so hopefully this brief warm spell won’t wake up our fruit trees too early.

1 Like

Richard, I see Vista is under a frost warning for tonight according to the NWS. You must have a great micro climate, as I see many PWS in Vista went <30F last night.

Yes, at lower elevations in Vista they definitely went under 32°F. Overnight the temperatures at my location took a slow slide from 40° at 2am to 35° at the 6:30am sunrise. For the coming Dawn I’m expecting temps no lower than 40°.

2 Likes

The wonders of elevation strikes again. On nights like last night they can be a savior. Looks like the rest of our week has no warnings either. Thank god. My bananas took a slight hit 2-3 leaves are already getting a little rubbery. All my citrus including Mexican Lime never even blinked lol

2 Likes

High of 70 on Sunday. Monday and Tuesday were a high of 20 with snow. Lowes around 0 both days.

In my opinion, Lowes is always a zero. :joy:

2 Likes