How is your weather? (Part 1)

41 and sunny with no wind. I could have done my daily walk in shorts :grin:

Really nice day for mid March here

3 Likes

same here w/ -0 windshield factor at night. at least this next noreaster looks to be staying mostly offshore!

46 and sunny. Below normal. But still felt nice. Did another dormant oil spray. Havenā€™t done copper yet. Things are slow to progress this year because of the below normal temps. So maybe hold off on it until next week.

I did both. A day without going below freezing and no rain - didnā€™t want to waste the chance

1 Like

If you spray copper for peach leave curl, the buds need to be fully dormant. If for other purpose, at bud break is a better option.

1 Like

Worried about Wednesday 3/21. Lows anywhere from 24-30 degrees for Clarksville/Nashville, TN area. After this extended forecast looks great heading into April. Fingers crossed @thecityman @Lucky_P

1 Like

At the core is an ice storm!

Capture

1 Like

You are reading my mind!!! Worried sick, here. My stuff will be at the absolutely most vulnerable stage. THey are saying 27 for me so its RIGHT on the line of what I could possibly survive. But who knows. Good luck!

2 Likes

This monster is looking scarier by every model run. Already some mandatory evacuations going out in SB county.

1 Like

Below normal here too. The sun makes up for it :slight_smile:

Went down to the city on Sat, beautiful day

2 Likes

Looks like the burn area will take the brunt of it. Afterwards the main portion is likely to plow across Tehachapi pass then out I-40 to Arizona.

1 Like

Yep. The worst possible bullseye. Right now the biggest fear is a stall which could really make things interesting.

Well, itā€™s raining again tonight (here is my shocked face :roll_eyes:) and itā€™s supposed to off and on overnight and tomorrow. And then, tomorrow night itā€™s supposed to get colder and after midnight snow will be starting in. We may get about 3in by the time it moves out Wed night. After that, itā€™ll be 27 that night and 25 Thursday night. Some springā€¦

Egads I hate this weather. I checked data for last month and the local weather station got over 8in of rain for February. No wonder Iā€™m growing webbed feet.

I hope all the rain wonā€™t drown my newly planted pluot trees that got planted this evening. And then theyā€™ll have to deal with the cold temps later this week. Iā€™m not heading them back until the really cold weather passes.

Yes, that high pressure doesnā€™t seem too eager to move off the eastern great basin.

1 Like

Cool. Have you ever gone to the top of the CN tower? I imagine you could see maybe 50mi away at least?

1 Like

Its heading east - 3 inches of snow forecast for Wednesday morning in Virginia with a low of 27. Many of my peach trees are starting to bloom. Hopefully I will lose no more than 10 to 20% of the blooms.

1 Like

@subdood_ky_z6b

Yes Iā€™ve been up a few times. On a clear day itā€™s spectacular. There is a glass floor at the top.

3 Likes

Baseball size hail was predicted last night but it mostly passed north of us. Early reports indicate that the Jacksonville campus and nearby areas had the most damage. On a lighter note that probably only locals will understand is a few pictures of our most dependable weather forecaster (my opinion) James Spann.

James Span weather conditions

5 Likes

Here we go again. Forth one for last four weeksā€¦
snowagain

2 Likes

Bill,
I like the photo shop work in the last pic :grin:

@galinas, it is hard to ā€œthink springā€ this year.

3 Likes