How is your weather? (Part 1)

Was pouring rain here today, I think we got about .4 inches. I love the rain so I took advantage of the opportunity with a few pics. Tulips on the way!

a little beetle starting aphid season the right way my rain catchment system

5 Likes

starting to melt some snow finally. going to be sunny and upper 30’s to low 40’s into next week.

1 Like

While in bed early this morn, I noticed the heat kicking in a lot. So when I got up later, I checked my outdoor temp monitor, it said we got down to 24.8, a lot colder than I was expecting. I don’t think it was enough to hurt the peach buds as they’re in first pink stage. At noon, it’s already up to 50, so need to get out there.

They were saying last night we could get up to 5in of snow tomorrow, but now we’d be lucky to get just a couple inches. Fine by me.

NAEFS is even colder today with the very below temps in Canada for early April… Thankfully nothing will be blooming anytime soon here.

12z gfs …next 72 look interesting across Iowa

Like an island surrounded by lava

I’m hoping the snow accumulated in the California mountains this week is enough to put the state water supply at the break-even point.

2 Likes

FINALLY!!!
Some seasonal weather showing up in the 10 day. These cold rainy days are getting old. :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Rain, cold, frost in the am. on the lawn, warming mid next week. The birds are singing but it isn’t spring yet!

1 Like

Low today is supposed to be 28 - I look at my thermostat (which has the outside temperature) and the temperature is 23F. Sigh, wonder how many blooms I lost. The weather forecasting has been #$@!^ this year.

Our March has been colder than February this year. 22 days below average so far in March. Not one day above 60 degrees and weather guy said it hasn’t happened since 2001!
Very cold March indeed. It’s supposed to warm up to upper 50’s next week but still below normal. I’m debating whether to do my annual seedling shopping trip first of April or wait another week till 6th.

Snow staying away so far. Just cloudy/low 30Fs and windy.

Holy cats…this could be our source region for some spring bloom freezes down the road (if we ever bloom)… yikes!

The current clipper is tracking just south of us here, as in the next county down

I’m not worried about fruit, since it’s so firmly dormant, but every time I see a good slot to set out vegetables, there’s some date with a hard hard freeze upcoming

Really snowing good here now (noon), after flurrying this morning. We’re supposed to get up to 5in total today, depending on how cold it stays during the day, right now it’s 34. No working outside today. Unlike earlier in the week, when we got a lot of snow, the ground was too warm for it to stick, but not today.

2 Likes

Southwest of here a couple hours they got around a foot of snow. Nary a flake here :grinning:

Well, it’s been snowing pretty steadily for the last five hours. I went out to shovel the deck an hour ago, and measured almost 3in. A heavy squall with big flakes just blew through and added maybe another half inch, and it’s still coming down, now with more sleet. It’s been training over us all day from the northwest, and is still snowing back up into Indiana, so we could get another couple inches at least before it moves out tonight.

This will be our biggest snowfall this year, but we had a lot of rain in Feb. If it had been colder then, we would’ve had a lot more snow. I think this may be the latest snowfall we’ve had the four years we’ve been here.

It’ll be near 50 tomorrow and in the 60’s midweek, so I hope this is it for winter.

Looks like I gotta go back outside and clear off the dish, we just lost reception again.

Edit: I was just outside feeding the dog and looking around, and heard some thunder! Jim Cantore would be pleased…

No forecast lows here above freezing as far out as the forecast goes, which is April 7th. I may file my taxes before I’m able to spray dormant oil. Come on spring!

1 Like

About 6" of heavy, wet snow here today. I didn’t get out to shovel until well after the snowplows went down our street so it was quite a chore even with a snowblower.

Nothing above 50 degrees for the next 10 days.

Bummer that I can’t care about bloom this year. We are set up for a very late one. We are selling our house and have an offer to move out May 8. The buyers are making a mistake because they aren’t going to get perfect fruit courtesy of yours truly. Here’s to a curc breeding ground. :beer:

I didn’t even see a snowflake here…we actually had some sunshine through out the day, but the wind was brutal. I see somewhere in Floyd County Iowa had 16 inches. It’ll melt fast this time of year.

Are you moving far? Housing market is nuts (and has been the last couple years) around here…the amount some people want for homes boggles the mind.

Showing 51F and sunshine here today… rain returns mon/tues…