How is your weather? (Part 1)

Slow release rain. Soon it’ll make your yard grow like crazy!

1 Like

I think the heat of the last two days of 70F put my plums in danger. Some of the fruit buds are greening up.

No matter to me… The new owners will put in a fence. Neighbors aren’t gonna be happy. I am thinking they might need to cut my trees down to put in the fence.

“Only” 80F up here in NorCal today :smile:

1 Like

Well, we’re paying for the nice warm and dry weather for the last 3 days. It’s raining hard now, and will be off and on for the next day. Then a few skiffs of snow early Mon morn?? Will drop to near freezing Tue morning, but no lower. Next week won’t be as warm, but after this mess, it’s supposed to be dry.

Sure glad I got the lawn mowed yesterday.

1 Like

About 1/2 hour away!! Supposed to be 60/42 degrees behind it. Nicest spring in my 29 year Florida memory

1 Like

18 degrees this morning after a 24 hr blizzard. Looks like the next 2 weeks forecast is calling for below normal temperatures, cloudy, windy and above normal precipitation. If the weather doesnt kill the blossoms looks like pollination will be poor. On the bright side spent several hours yesterday researching high tunnels and various home made versions, that project just got bumped to the top of the list for next growing season. At least a couple of experimental ones. I have lost hope that we are ever going to a have normal, productive fruit growing spring weather.

3 Likes

Finally got the rain, which we needed - a 3-day event, good soaking

Sure is cold and nasty out there, tho

It’ll freeze tonite but I can’t regret planting out the veg. You can’t get broccoli to head well if you put it out in May

1 Like

Thirty degrees here , sleet/snow flurries, burr. Seagull in the Walmart parking lot seemed a little out of place

2 Likes

Ended up with a few inches overnight. No idea exactly how much due to the strong winds. There was about an 18" drift in front of the garage door. It sucks to get snow in mid April, but a few inches sure beats the heck out of a few feet

Maybe 3 inches here so far…but still snow in the forecast today…

Tues/Weds could be interesting with temps in the low 30Fs and OvER and inch of liquid on the GFS. The whole week looks like complete January garbage with temps probably not climbing out of the 30Fs.

1 Like

The forecast here is showing we may get our first 50 degree day of the year by next Friday.

1 Like

We are having frozen rain right now, icicle covered branches with flower buds, leaf buds, and young currant leafs

GFS doesn’t show 40F+ until next Sunday but i’m sure that is all based on current snowcover. If we can melt this garbage, temps should rise.

1 Like

We must be getting different weather fronts/whatever. Our NWS forecast is calling for a few 40+ degree days next week (thank God). Snow cover here won’t be gone anytime soon. It’ll take a few weeks of 40+ with some over night lows above freezing to get that done. The last ground frost map I looked at showed we had around 3’ of frost under the snow. I’m guessing it will be around May 10 before I can get a shovel in the ground in the woods. In some swampy areas that are covered with reed canary grass, I’m betting on there being frost until around Memorial Day.

There is a storm that could effect this area mid week that will knock temps back for me. 12z gfs shows maybe next Sat we go above 40F and maybe 50F on Sunday.

Snowing winter wonderland out. No snow on Christmas, but can’t get rid of it in April.

Should easily be able to move 2018 into the top 10 coldest Aprils here… I do think late month we hit 70F so the avg will come up.

1 Like

We just got nailed as that passed through…supposed to be off shore in the next 30 minutes and then things will calm down…

1 Like

Dumb new owners!

2 Likes

@smsmith Stu we got about 2 inches of sleet last night. Ice storm just missed us by miles. Still cold through tuesday then 50s by weekend and 60s next week, yikes!!

2 Likes

FREAK weather! Yesterday and today we had freezing rain. Turning into rain by tonight/tomorrow. What a mess! By April 20 we’ll have a steady increase back to seasonal which is around 57-60F and SUNNY.

2 Likes

Crazy spring weather, hope we all come out positively once the “real” spring weather arrives

2 Likes