Introducing myself to Scott's forum

So many familiar names!

1 Like

Glad you found us.

Houzz/gardenweb does not allow us to post anything about Growingfruit so it is difficult to let old timers like you know that most of us have moved here.

Good to see you here!

@mamuang I have mentioned this forum now and then over on GW, so far they have not censored it.

Weā€™ve also been trying to get Konrad to move, can you talk him into it?

1 Like

Scott,
I can mention you name plus growing fruit but I canā€™t mention the link growingfruit.org. (which is easier to follow). Houzz has removed my post when I did that.

I had made several references and they were there a few days later. But I looked for them now and canā€™t find them so maybe you are right.

Konrad knows about the forum here, but he has a lot of Canadian friends on Garden Web and will not come here.

That has already been said, but there is always hope! I miss him!!!

1 Like

But apparently he doesnā€™t miss us.

1 Like

I kind off miss his wild life photos in his orchard. The big moose eating his apples.

Tony

1 Like

Yes, if Konrad could grow it, I could, so yeah miss him being around too.

1 Like

Itā€™s so dead over there. There is not much new to look at. Some of the ancient threads get resurrected over there. I still check it once a week or so. Konrad still posts but not as much as he did pre houze.

I loved scrolling through his photos of his perfect fruit.

1 Like

I miss everything but his off topic alien invasion comments- actually I kind of miss those too.

Maybe if he knew that we are still pining for him, heā€™d honor us with an occasional visit. Are we so much less interesting than Canadians?:cry:

1 Like

Not all of us just some of us.

1 Like

Of all the GW members I miss, Jellyman is on the top of the list.

Wish he could do a guest visit once in a while.

2 Likes

Itā€™s kind of like when a church splits, someoneā€™s feelings are always hurt and some people can never leave regardless of the situation. The garden web just kind of dried up to me and this looked like the land of milk and honey,

Hi Everyone!

I have been (mostly) a lurker on GardenWeb and recently found some veiled references to this forum. I have had a garden for the last several years, but I had never thought much about fruit trees. Iā€™m not very patient ;).

Last year I purchased two fig trees from Edible Landscaping and they have opened up a whole new list of things to do/learn about. Over the winter I attempted (not so successfully) to root fig cuttings and this spring I attempted (more successfully, but very ugly unions) to graft apples.

Iā€™m looking forward to mining this forum for information and learning even more!

Emily

5 Likes

Hey! An ugly successful union is better than a handsome failed one, and much better than ones never attempted. Congratulations and welcome to the GrowingFruit forum! Thank you for introducing yourself, Emily.

Now that youā€™ve joined us, donā€™t just be a lurker. Stick your toes in the water and youā€™ll learn that youā€™ve joined a warm and helpful natured group. I have to warn you now that youā€™ve gotten a taste of growing fruit and grafting, it will whet your appetite to grow more, and grow it better. Itā€™s deliciously fun!

2 Likes

Welcome Emily, I hope you like it here and hang out with Us to discuss fruit trees.

Tony