Introducing myself to Scott's forum

:smile: Youā€™re not the first or the last to feel that way. The good news is that when youā€™re in over your head, you can stand of the shoulders of those here to get support and help in finding your way.

Welcome!
:

Welcome to the land of itā€™s not done right till its overdone! Your in good company, Keep planting.

2 Likes

Wow, why do it when you can over do it , you are in the right place!

2 Likes

Welcome! First year, I planted around 20 fruit trees and many of them are not successful, but learned a lot and hopefully can harvest more fruits later. So everyone has the time of over head.

Welcome!

Some things will thrive and some will likely fail, and youā€™ll let the fails go and keep the keepers and learn what works for you and what you like

1 Like

Hello My name is Joseph, and I love fruit trees
After reading this forum long time, I decided sign in
So I hope to share experiences with you.
Greetings to all members forum
Joseph

4 Likes

Welcome Joseph, We hope you found a home here.

Tony

Welcome. Glad to have you with us. Bill

Welcome!

Welcome aboard!

New to this forum, but recognize most of your user names from GW, reading your various posts over the years. Discovering this forum recently, I feel like Iā€™ve tapped back into something pretty neat.

Iā€™m not sure how or why I became hooked onto gardening. My dad did a bit and I enjoyed walking around our IL yard inspecting our lawn trees with him. I think the hook is that he took me fishing. I love being outdoors doing anything outdoorsy. Gardening fits the bill. My favorite gardening is wildlife gardening. Is that even a thing? I try to plant meadows and native stuff to feel like our home fits into the native landscape. I keep a decent vegetable garden. Iā€™ve relocated my family a number times having left behind some nice gardens and sweet apple orchards in each place. I say sweet because I put in some very, very nice apple trees, but, I havenā€™t harvested more than a bushel of apples over several orchards. We moved before I could enjoy the trees each time.

My wife, three teenagers and I now live near Austin, TX. Looking to start another orchard, I am learning our location offers some unique challenges. Any suggestions? All are welcome. Iā€™ll search around a bit, but may post something. Thank you.

3 Likes

Welcome Rod!!

Tony

Welcome!

Welcome! join in the conversations anytime

@Maine
@Joseph
@Rod

Welcome to you all.

This is a great place for ā€œgive & takeā€ needed for a happy orchardist.

Interestingly, I have found that THE MORE YOU TAKE THE MORE YOU WIND UP GIVING.

So by all means partake in this forum and and take as much as you want of all the good information and skills that have accumulated here.

Welcome and enjoy
Mike

Welcome back to the family!

Welcome, Rod, glad you found us. Very nice group of folks here on this forum and yes, youā€™ll recognize more than a few folks from GW, no doubt :slight_smile: We have a fair number of forum members in TX, so hopefully youā€™ll get lots of good suggestions.

Patty S.

Welcome!

Hi everyone. I joined a couple of days ago and am working my way through the posts. My name is Brenda and I live in a small town in Nebraska called Ashland. Itā€™s about 30 miles from Omaha for reference. I have a teeny, tiny yard that I rent so I am growing in all containers. Iā€™m currently growing blueberries, tomatoes, and strawberries. I mostly just drool and yearn over everyoneā€™s fruit posts.
My dad is the grower in our family. He has two pear trees, two hazelnut trees, two brand new sour cherry trees, cukes, tomatoes, gooseberries, eggplants, sweet and hot peppers, and various herbs. I planted him some garlic, a rose to join the one that came with his property 40 years ago, and some honeysuckle. My mom can kill a plant by walking too close to it so we keep her out of the yard.
I am a supply inspector for the air force for my main job, Iā€™ve been in the Army Reserves for almost 25 years now, and Iā€™m a divorced mother of an energetic 9 year old and a sweet 4 year old so I stay VERY busy. My dream is to grow fruit trees and citrus (I know- Nebraska) :smile: canā€™t help it. Talk to you all soon!

5 Likes

Welcome, Brenda, very glad you found our forum. Hope you enjoy it, and we look forward to your photos and your posts!

Patty S.

1 Like