Irrigation combobulation

Looking good.

The OCD side of me says to use clear primer, but the code-compliance side of me says “Stick with ugly purple primer”

2 Likes

You can always put a wrap of tape around the pipe, primer and glue and then pull the tape off. Not needed if it’s getting buried, but I like my exposed stuff to look neat

2 Likes

Nice Work!

I see you used extra elbows at each line. By any reason?

1 Like

The three irrigation pipes I connected have been in that location for about a year. When it came time to install the valves I realized that my original plan for their location would have to be shifted to accommodate a valve cover box. So … in the spirit of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, it was “just a step to the left”!

1 Like

Finished those two :smile:.
Next are the valves near BG2, and after that the final pipe work in the irrigation shed.

Today I unearthed some latent irrigation pipes so I can connect them … and then bury them again! :laughing:

1 Like

Sometimes conduit boxes require customization :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

This afternoon I managed to get the conduit junction installed. Three sets of control wires will enter from the 1.5-inch pipe (bottom of picture), one will be used in that location and the other two pass through to the left and right to service other sets of valves.

Today I built and installed a 4-valve manifold next to the conduit junction. I only have one more valve substation to build near the shed and then 3 master valves inside the shed. :smiley:

1 Like

Rich, you should have a party when this project is finished

1 Like

I will … and you’re all invited :smiley:

2 Likes

If you’re giving away plant starts as party favors, we’ll all be there. :wink: :smile:

If not, there may some nippers smuggled in.

Last August I hosted a home garden tour here as part of the 2015 CRFG Festival of Fruit. 110 people came by during the day and I fed them breakfast, lunch, and dinner in addition to discussing how and why I’ve planted the cultivars here. :smiley:

6 Likes

I am so sad I missed that! I bet it was a huge hit!

1 Like

Yesterday I completed construction of the main irrigation manifold pipes and valves. So happy :smiley: now I can water by turning valves on and off instead of dragging hoses around. Did a full system test today and only found a few clogged emitters.

Still to come … the shed needs to be constructed so I can mount the fertilizer injectors on the back wall. One of them (blue) is laying in the middle of the structure. Also, I need to pull the control wire through conduit to automatic controllers.

4 Likes

very impressive project!

1 Like

The tanks for fertilizer concentrate arrived today :smiley:

3 Likes

Last month we bought a new fountain and this weekend I installed a water supply to it with an electronically controlled valve. The black valve and grey conduit box behind the fountain will eventually be hidden by the Cuphea plant.

1 Like

I completed the installation yesterday afternoon in anticipation of today’s rains :slight_smile:

3 Likes

cementing pipes in blueberry planter

1 Like