Is there a free service to use besides Photobucket?

I just posted a couple of pictures from Photobucket and instead of the photos,they give an ad directing to upgrade.
Right now,it’s free for me,but it looks like I can’t place them on this site anymore,without paying $399.99.
I realize that they are a business,but that’s a little much for me each year.
I could store them on my computer and do each one with a new post,unless someone knows a better way. Thanks,Brady

1 Like

You can upload multiple pictures in a single post on this site (growingfruit.org). There’s no need for you to have a 3rd party hosting site.

On the other hand, if for some reason you want a 3rd party hosting site, check out Google Photos.

3 Likes

Thanks,Richard.Yes,I just found that out and replaced the two photos. Brady

1 Like

wordpress offers free blog hosting, and the photos may be captioned and sequenced/replaced at any time, if you’re trying to avoid overloading this forum, or if you feel the media/ideas you’re posting might be too much for the audience here.

2 Likes

I use imgur

1 Like

I am surprised that this topic has not came up yet on GROWINGFRUIT. Indeed Photobucket has changed their terms of service to not allow third party hosting on their free (and lower tier) accounts.

I am on another forum (about guns) where a majority of the content is now lost forever.

I had only a few pics on Photobucket (some on this site). I have deleted my photos and closed my account.

1 Like

I don’t think many people were using photo bucket here. I would not recommend using any photo service here for this same reason - today its photo bucket and tomorrow it will be some other service getting rid of their free plan. Just upload the photos directly and they will be saved here.

2 Likes

This is all too strange to me, as I too use the free version of Photobucket and as recent as last evening posted some pictures from it. I have seemed to get a lot more prompts from them asking if I want to upgrade to a pay version and therefore less or no ads, etc., but that’s about it. I mean unless I’m misunderstanding the whole issue, all I’m doing is going to the site and logging in as always. It tells me I have used 13% of my available space, but I can click the library and post pictures from there, or I can upload a picture from my computer to my Photobucket library like I did last night to post in the JB thread.

IDK, I may be talking out of turn since it may be that I use it differently that you guys are and therefore I’m not seeing the issue (?)

I mean I’m not using Photobucket to store all my pictures, just those few I need to post somewhere. Maybe that’s the difference?

I wouldn’t probably use it hardly at all if I knew how to post them on here otherwise (like it sounds like I can…:smirk:)

1 Like

(I’m probably going to feel really, really ignorant in a little while…) But is there a thread or topic that covers how that’s done here Scott? I’m kind of a dinosaur and a lot of techie things are above my pay-grade.

1 Like

If you are using a computer, just click and drag the photos from your desktop to where you are typing your forum post. On other platforms click the little upload icon in the toolbar above where you are typing and select the files to upload. Its the icon with the uparrow – sort of like :outbox_tray:

1 Like

Testing

2 Likes

OK that worked. (And yes I do feel dumb now…, I think I’ll log off for awhile)

1 Like

Its good this came up, I have noticed other people using various other services and we may lose pictures one day from those.

Fortunately for us the Discourse software sucks over links it knows are photos and keeps a local copy - we configured it that way just to prevent losing images. In looking at older posts with Photobucket uploads I can’t find any missing images now. I’m not sure it works for all such services but at least for photobucket it seems to have sucked them all over.

1 Like

It may be that Photobucket is still weeding through all the people using the free service or it possibly could take a certain amount of picture postings here to trigger the use.It just happened to mine a couple days ago,although I’ve been doing it for a number of years.
From what I’ve read,they started implementing the new policy a few months ago. Brady

1 Like

I’d like to close my photo bucket account. Is there an easy way to delete all photos at once? Or does it matter?