It's Finally Raining in California!

that is good news

1 Like

Look at this crazy weather pattern. It’s been holding off shore Los Angeles for a few hours now.

1 Like

My wife and I will be flying into San Diego around noon on Saturday. Saw one forecast for light rain and one for sunny conditions. What’s the real scoop?

Here’s the weather forecast for that area … scroll down to the chart.

https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=pws:KCASANDI125

Thanks!!

It’s very windy and rainy here.

1 Like

That whole space could be orchard!

3 Likes

Yeah, but our water bill will be to the roof.

Picture taken at 6:11 pm.

I will be removing my Nadia Cherry x Plum this week. I will be transplanting it into a pot, and I will plant a fruitless mulberry there.

How’s the rain in your area, Richard?

Got the Weather Channel on now. They’re saying this SoCal storm could be a record setter.

When I was watching earlier today, they were issuing severe T-storm warnings! As Johnny Carson would say, “that’s some weeierd, wiiild stuff!”

@richard, @hoosierquilt, and others there, do y’all have a “fraidy hole” to get in if the weather gets a bit too stormy?

1 Like

As of 9:30pm we’ve had about 1.5 inches. The more turbulent parts of the storm have passed to the east … perhaps we’ll get another 1/2" by morning. From the weather maps I see that to the north of us in the L.A. and San Bernardino basins they’ve been getting pounded and it’s not even half over yet. Also, a big portion of the storm by-passed us and careened into Tijuana & Ensenada Mexico – a real tragedy as about 10% of the population lives in cardboard shanties. :frowning:

Yup, we didn’t get the 5" predicted, and the storm have pretty much passed, now, down south of us. And @subdood_ky_z6b, no “fraidy holes” here in our S. Calif houses :slight_smile: We’d be crushed in an earthquake, which is why nearly no home here in S. California would have that type of protection from tornadoes. No brick construction or basements here :slight_smile: Just an internal bathroom we’d go into, it we had a tornadic front or a real tornado come through (which would be extremely rare, but not totally unheard of.) And Richard, that is really awful to see the brunt of that storm over Tijuana. Those poor people in their cardboard shanties in the gully. OMG.

Thru 6am Sat

There is also strong talk of El Nino coming on…

1 Like

The population I work with is pretty transient, and for many of them I’m guessing this will be a good reason to not return.