Jujube R5 and R4T3 infos?

The attached 2 photos are R4T3

9 Likes

We have well over 100 cultivars of Jujubes and growing with about 20 in Quarantine now in the green house so these that is listed are the one that we can possible get scion wood from

if you want to talk fruit and Jujubes my Email nuttrees@prtcnet.org

As always

Thank you and good growing

Cliff

1 Scion wood List 24 NOV 2017 Farm 1, 2 and 3 .pdf (623.1 KB)

Copy of JUJUBE LIST.xlsx (14.7 KB)

6 Likes

Picture of the NORRIS Damn Plantings of Jujube in Lake City Tennessee which is about 1.75 hours from My Home

Image07 Jujube treesImage03 Jujube tree orchardPubblicazione giuggiolo cossio-bassi.pdf (3.9 MB)

7 Likes

Very interesting! Nice to see pictures of the actual trees. It’s good that you have been allowed to save the cultivars before removal.

2 Likes

interesting to note that at least two species associated with that area are ‘threatened’. A native one(mollusc which produces fresh-water pearls) and a non-native one(cultivars of chinese jujubes)

1 Like

Thanks for all the good infos Cliff.

So maybe R5 is a shortcut for R5T2 if it is the only interesting tree of the 5th row

1 Like

Exotic Plants BG have run out of the Chicolate Persimmon. Another one who could have it is the guy running this Turkish garden centre Çikolata meyvesi , TropikMeyveci but I doubt he can send plants outside of Turkey, only scions/ cuttings. How heavy of a plant and how big in dimensions would a plant from France cost? I have ordered plants from France via a redelivery to Bulgaria service dostavidomen dot com 1,1€ per kg but if the package is too big in volume they will watch the volume, knowing the weight and dimensions one can write to them to get a price for larger packages . You pay for a delivery within France, redelivery to Bulgaria, within Bulgaria and if you trust me I could re-send it with Speedy/ DPD DPD Economy | Speedy for about 16 euro to your door in Austria if it is no higher than 175cm and no heavier than 31kg. I believe each of the 4 sections would be between 10-15 euro each if it is potted and over 100cm. Cheaper with bareroot.

1 Like

What is theR4T3 taste like? Is it juicy when fully ripe and not astringent?

1 Like

The one from this turkish website is a black sapote.

I would like to get the one from this video:

1 Like

Cliff are those presumably all own-root seedlings?

1 Like

Nothingfail
WE do have some sour Jujubes AKA known as Shuan Zhou in Chinese but all the cultivars that we market is Sweet, very tasty and NONE is astringent that I have ever tasted and I lived in Korea For 4 year

Sweet ( juicy I can not quantify ) with a jujube but very tasty with good flavor and R4T3 is the longest up to 66 mm long with a very Sharpe pointed needle like seed that is sterile with no embryos

8 Dec 2018

1 Like

markalbob
In My opinion all are grafted trees with Z . Jujuba root stock

If the ripe fruit is not juicy, is it then flourish? I have never eaten those so trying to imagine if it is worth the effort trying to get one for me. I have planted a Li, said to be the tastiest and not good for drying, making me think it is juicier, but it has had no fruits yet. How is the R5 fruit taste different? If the the seed is sharp like a needle maybe it would be easy to hurt your mouth??? Are you a nursery and do you send seedlings or grafted trees to the EU with phyto sanitary certificates, in case the person interested is bad with grafting with scions?

I know that @KYnuttrees sends scionwwod with phyto certif, dont know about trees.

Looks like either they domt sucker much or someone takes good care of those trees

1 Like

markalbob
Sir they do sucker and there is seedling all over the place at this site but yes they do mow from time to time but usually when the weeds get about chest high and the grounds keepers aren’t concerned about the growth under the large trees just doing there job of mowing and weed whacking.

There is not many people that realize what a valuable resource these trees are to the USA Germplasm speaking in terms of diversity

Cliff England

England’s Orchard and Nursery

3 Likes

Did you try Lubera for shipping to Austria. They must be in Svizerra next to Austria: Kaki Cioccolatino for sale | Buy fruit trees online from Lubera |

Merry Xmas!!!

1 Like

You can ask here if they could send to Austria: https://www.moneden.fr/article/kaki-cioccolatino

Merry Xmas!!!

1 Like

If nothing works with direct redelivery to you, an option is as I described earlier with redelivery services from France to Bulgaria to Vienna, if we talk personally and you decide you can trust me. I will be here a month. If you give me weight and dimensions of a possible package I will tell you the cost of all redeliveries. But
exoticplantsbg.com that rude simpleton Georgi/ Gosho Goshev (Георги/ Гошо Гошев) or of the sort, contact phone # +359877288840 , 0877288840 from Bulgaria, is not to be trusted. Merry Xmas!

1 Like

I managed to buy it from the Exoticplants
(R4T3, R5, Tiger tooth, Ju-Tao-Tzao)
but I attamted again to buy, and it was not successful…
…there was no answer! (I wrote more messages…)