Members photos on Growingfruit

I’ve planted Cuban Red bananas in my brothers orchard in Hawaii. I have six siblings and 3 of us have orchards. The forth is starting his this year after moving to NH from Alaska.

Tim, your son doesn’t seem to be much of a KISS fan! ha. Maybe he just knows good musicians from stage acts!

That was funny, Bill. Well, you didn’t do very well, but it was interesting. Anyway, you got the part right about that I love spending time with my fruit trees. Anyone else going to venture a guess?

1 Like

Here are some pictures of my orchards future labor force.

17 Likes

Well, I’d like to, but I think MES pretty much nailed it. Yep, I’m going to roll with that.

1 Like

Mike,
That is a wide range of choices!

I often do wear a hat when I work outside.

1 Like

Didn’t want to box you in.

Mike

FWIW…I’m rolling with MES’s first guess (photo-wise) that you are male. I’m definitely 100% all-in with that. Seems as though every time I say I’m all-in with anything though I end up being wrong…lol. Let’s see a photo.

OK…so just went and checked some of your old posts northwoodswis…and you are definitely male…so we know that. It was this post that sealed it:

Our garage gets below zero. I’ve put a thermometer in there to check. Also my better half won’t allow it, so any tree has to be outside, where it can reach -30F. or colder. So I am wondering if anyone has had success in recent years or if it is a total waste of time to even think of planting any mor…

NO female EVER refers to the guy as being “the better half”. Only men do that because they have “taught” through intensive training that the female is always the better of the pair (and sadly, it’s usually true).

2 Likes

Wow, great kids and baby. The apple is huge too!

The better half thing is lip service to keep the wife happy while she does more than half the work.

5 Likes

Appleseed,
I call my hubby, the better half. I just being realistic :slight_smile: a wonderful husband and father, a great cook, never said a word how much I spend, let me ruin his yard, help dig holes for my trees and makes twice as much as I do.

All around the really better half.

6 Likes

Mamaug, you are precious.

2 Likes

Yup.

Wow! Yep, you’re a keeper for sure! I have a good wife similar to you, and everyone tells me I don’t know what I have, but I do. I’m sure your “hubby” has been told the same by his friends. The fact that you so readily humble yourself in such an overt way is proof of your true value, modesty and overall character. “What you make” is irrelevant. That must be a SE Asian hangup, because my wife always thinks that holds absolute merit as well, and like you, feels her value is lessened because I make more.
I’m glad to know you.

2 Likes

My wife is my better half for sure, although she is quite different than most woman, she is bold, self-assured, and has no filter. Often her mouth has got her into trouble. She truly has no filter, telling it like it is, good, bad or ugly. She also has always made more money that I have. Well not always she worked part time for a bit. When we had young children. I am quiet, humble, and reserved compared to her, many here may not think that, although you have not talked to my wife.I have always been attracted to intelligent woman and she is certainly that.

1 Like

Or a SE Asian reality. In a more luxurious economy values change, but attraction is always strongly attached to survival and reproductive instincts, IMO, even if it is not very emotionally satisfying to dwell on romantic motives in this light.

1 Like

yeah…I’ve thought of that. Good point.

Your guys have started generalizing things again.

First off, I mentioned my hubby makes twice as much in jest. It does not matter to me how much he makes.

If I were to respond to both of your statements at length, it would not be appropriate for this thread as it’s for pictures of us and our loved ones (if included). Also, I’d rather talk about growing fruit.

Thank you for all of your kind words. I feel very fortunate that he is my husband…

4 Likes